Impressive????

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
My soccer field hunt this morning was less than impressive! I didn't even get one quarter in 3-1/2 hours - NOT ONE! No jewelry just small change and not much of that either. My total for this moring was 40 cents and some junk. Oh well.... they day was pretty. It was a little cool but just right for hunting. So the day was not a total waste. I'm happy just to be able to get out there. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

021910.jpg

Upvote 0

Fourier

Greenie
Dec 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
That's great that you at least got out, though! Northern detectorists such as myself are not so lucky.

hunterV3

Mar 3, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II & Etrac, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All we have to look for up north is in other peoples posts!

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Spring hill huh? I dont live down in Florida anymore, but I can give you my favorite spots in Pasco county that I used to hunt if you PM me

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Keep at it Mumszie, keeps you in fighting shape for when the boot comes off :thumbsup:

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hey! I wouldn't complain. I am at work, wishing I was out swinging a coil. You know how the saying goes......keep fishing and eventually you will catch a fish!

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Not good and not bad. $.40 more then you had to start with and few of those junk things probably bring back memories. I'd try a different area of the soccer field. If not luck then might be time to move on to some other places to hunt.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fourier said:
That's great that you at least got out, though! Northern detectorists such as myself are not so lucky.
i second that.. glad u got out and made some finds . MR TUFF

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the field is used much, and you also worked the far outside edges, then I would say it is hunted by more than you... I am finding that un-hunted soccer fields are gold mines if they are used heavily..
Keep diggin at it, you will find the good stuff!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
that's better than I did Mumszie, I just couldn't stand it, so on my way home from the grocery store, I stopped at a site where they just tore down an old house. I didn't even have my md with me!! but it was soo pretty outside & it's been so long since I got my feet muddy, I couldn't help myself. didn't find anything 'cept pieces of old broken bottles that I am tumbling & will use in a mosaic. at least you got to hear a beep! I did find some tulip bulbs starting to come up. will have to go back & dig them up before they run over them with the dozer. glad you are able to get out & enjoy the weather.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Mumszie, how ya doin? did the doc tell ya to start THing again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread