Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far out on Hiway one, Ian? 82 is pretty good...

OP
OP
S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

It was the park in between the Fairgrounds and town. Crosland Park I think was the name. If I ever go back, I want to get those trees...

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the word is out now! That little park has been a fav of mine since it went in about 4 years ago. I USUALLY find a nice haul of goodies there. I wont bother going back for awhile, now. Most folks dont realize its there, yet it sees a lot of use from the local folk.
It was a vacant lot as long as I can recall and as I understand it, it's within a literal stones throw of the old hanging tree, back when US 1 was a rut road to Monetta/Chinquapin (youll have to figure out which way to throw the stone!).

And yes, folks, we're talking THAT kind of hanging tree.

Nice to know you were there, Ian. Just for the record, mind telling where you found most of the coins?

OP
OP
S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

I didn't really tect the open grassy area. I stayed on the Woodchips for the longest. Most of the coins were found within a 3 x 3 section near the swingsets.

It was fun! When I left, I went to the Fairgrounds. Instead of going to the front lot, I went to the rear behind that building that had recently been plowed up. I stayed there for about 20 minutes. Pretty much need dynamite to get that crap up. Once I left there, went to Schofield School for about 10 minutes. Nice looking school.

Ian

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot has gone at Schofield. Common research about it is easy and the easy pickings are gone. But there are some area around the school which go back. Along one side is the reported oldes home site in what is now Aiken county. It is on theoriginal road that Washington followed on his inaugural trip through the area. He reportedly stayed at the house.
If you managed 82 coins from the woodchips, I need to get me another XLT!

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
This has nothing to do with MD'ing!

Aiken, S.C., home to "The 'Fridge" aka William 'The Refrigerator' Perry, largest running back in the NFL, the only man alive to try and 'pass' another human being - Walter 'Sweetness' Payton - in a Superbowl. had to get that out of my system, sorry

Tourezrick
missing the '85 Bears

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William Perry, the Fridge, former running back for the Chicago Bears, has a house about a mile from me, as the crow flies. By all accounts he's a nice enough bloke, although I've never had the pleasure. His house is a large gaudy affair, complete with cupola gables and enclosed with a 10 ft. brick fence - with football shaped holes in it! His momma lives in it, last I heard.
An unusual fellow in my book, not the least because of his size, one can see him pub crawling around downtown from time to time. First time I saw the man, I watched his big old self on the dance floor doing the Alligator, college girls hanging off'n him like ticks on a hound dog.
"Would you looka that guy," I said, "Man he's big. What a doof."
"Shhhhhhh," everyone at the table said. "Dont you know who that is?! That's William Perry, The Fridge!"
Their every word dripped with reverence. The irony of it struck me like a ton of bricks.
"You mean to tell me that lunk over, wallowing around with his legs in the air, is The Fridge??"
"Yep," they all said, proud of their hometown boy.
After that, I clammed up and just watched the guy. Ponderous, like a dancing pachyderm, he lumbered around, drunk as a lord, his every step a stumble - and he was thouroughly enjoying himself. He was almost serene, just having fun. And oh, what fun! After watching the throngs of giggling girls clinging to him everywhere he went, I hafta confess to a little envy.
Today, I hear he's built himself a new house and he can still be seen here and there around town, a famous "once-was," man about town.
Meanwhile, he keeps himself busy at the family business, as a brickmason.

D

damz68

I dont care much for the fridge but I love Aiken. I caught my first rattler there. I also got bit by a tick on the Edisto that gave me lyme and I am still suffering to this day, 20 years later with some post lyme chronic fatigue, fybromyalgia crap.

If you all are ever interested in getting together in Aiken I am all for it, Just 2 hours away and there are tons of old houses out there, lots of nice people too.

There is also a female member here from Aiken, cant remember her name. Winter is a good time to hunt Aiken.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aint it the truth about Aiken! Lets have a get together!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread