Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...that ticks are bad this year: I decided to take the dogs for a walk at a reclaimed strip mine. Lots of room for them to run and chances were good of no one else being there. I decided on just sticking with the fields instead of the woods.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434238879.802609.jpg

We followed the path outlined by the wild flowers. It looked safe enough. Once we got back to the vehicle I looked down and saw
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434239055.343586.jpg

Feeling something crawling in my hair, I pulled another from there and one from one of the dogs. As soon as I got home I jumped in the shower and pulled another from my sock and one was crawling on the shirt I had just taken off. I HATE ticks!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ewww wow... that is like a tick infestation out in that...
Careful of those "suckers".
Dogs too.

They suck... literally.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I sure hope those escaped convict scumbags are being overwhelmed with tics and skeeters and every other annoying
pest - Yeah be careful out there !

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I sure hope those escaped convict scumbags are being overwhelmed with tics and skeeters and every other annoying
pest - Yeah be careful out there !

Yeah, you and me both! Serve 'em right if parts of 'em were found in black bear scat. We have a state prison just up the river from me. The Bears help keep those city boys in line because they visit the dumpsters there just about every night and they're a bit afraid of them lol

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That happened to me on Friday...I was in a customers house making a delivery and after I was done, they were crawling all over me...not ticks though....German Cockroaches...ew:BangHead:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I firmly believe that before going out- a good spray of repellant around the ankles helps ( this tip at no charge)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother even found one on his leg, after mowing his lawn ! Bad news little buggers

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tuck the pants into the socks, strip at the door cloths in the washer, body in the shower, I HATE TICKS TOO.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son just found one this morning on his shoulder blade. Dam things.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in at 12 deer tick bites so far this year. One of the horrors of these little nasty creatures is that they do bore up under the skin. 4 of mine were under the skin before I found them.

A couple of those bites are over 2 months old, thought they'd healed several times, but they keep coming back swelling and itching. Been using neosporin, and calamine lotion to keep the itching down.

Then my girlfriend turned me on to "Country Comfort Herbal Savvy Golden Seal - Myrrh" salve. This helps more than other treatments I've tried.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The one that was lodged in my leg once removed I used Oil Of Oregano on the site and didn't have any itching but it still took a while for the site to heal completely.
Herbal Oil: Oregano Oil Benefits and Uses

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I am now at 13 deer tick bites :(

They are the spawn of Satan!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Tuck the pants into the socks, strip at the door cloths in the washer, body in the shower, I HATE TICKS TOO.

Okay, I tried that... but

The lady at the front desk immediately called the police. I told them of your advice and after signing a bunch of papers I have to find a different hotel.

Thanks....

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Permethrin. I've had 3 ticks on me all year, and I'm paid to trespass.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
old dude, I love that 2nd pix where you show the little critters trying to make their advance !

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
permethrin is great stuff! However, the bottle states one spraying lasts for 6 weeks!! I don't want to know what I'm spraying!?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old dude, I love that 2nd pix where you show the little critters trying to make their advance !

Tom, I always thought they moved slowly, but there was one that was a race horse!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
A former fellow worker sends me obituaries from the US. Yesterday was an obit of a 68 year old man who died of Lyme's disease.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions