in context...

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
These came from the same ranch and are all personal finds. Some from the creeks, some were surface finds, but all came from the same 186 acres.

Who can say what all different bands of Native Americans came thru here.

DSC00042.jpg DSC00045.jpg DSC00046.jpg DSC00050.jpg DSC00051.jpg

They came to harvest the wild turkey and deer that are still here. The fish and other creek dwellers. Also for the rich bounty of pecans.

DSC00053.jpg DSC00056.jpg

They had other things on their mind as well...

DSC00826.JPG DSC00821.JPG

a regular trip to home depot for them.

DSC00366.JPG DSC00369.JPG

from the cool confines of the creek to the tops of the hills a place of contentment.

Hope you enjoyed.

BW

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
186 acres never know who went through them. How do you know where to hunt first? I struggle with just about 10 acres. You got some nice ones in that bunch.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice congrats HH.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and nice material.but I don't understand the title of your post. since what you described were all isolated finds no longer in their original context. Forces of nature eroded those objects from their original resting place for you to find.
The point type will give a time frame and the material will give a good Idea from where it came.. So using those together You should be able to narrow down What group of people At what point in time Left behind artifacts of their existence. With the help of what I'm sure is a large archaeological database for your area.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Gator. I think he meant in context of all being from his ranch. Being a little philosophical .

It was all there. The shade the cool water the material the food. Heaven!! A place to be.

Bravo you are in the East part right? I think you have settled well and hope you are almost recovered. Beautiful country for sure.
One day I shall return to down on the Brazos.:walk:

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thanx, GatorBoy.

I consider the original context to be, in this case, the farm. As opposed to finds from around the state.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Richard,

You nailed it my friend.

The family place is west out in Brown County, but we live here in the Brazos Valley. ( gig 'em)

Is that new avatar a new play thing for the summer? Have major fun, but be ever so vigilant. Even the best riders got them morons pulling out in front like you have suddenly become invisible.

If you ever get out this way you sure better let me know.

BW

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx, GatorBoy.

I consider the original context to be, in this case, the farm. As opposed to finds from around the state.

Haha.. In hindsight My reply was very long winded And probably out of context..haha

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Richard,

You nailed it my friend.

The family place is west out in Brown County, but we live here in the Brazos Valley. ( gig 'em)

Is that new avatar a new play thing for the summer? Have major fun, but be ever so vigilant. Even the best riders got them morons pulling out in front like you have suddenly become invisible.

If you ever get out this way you sure better let me know.

BW

I will always remember the Brazos for the beauty and the kindness of the people. I was younger and there were a lot of Aggie girls around :lock:
No old toy out today running some gas thru it terrorizing the neighbors. Gotta keep that ethanol moving. It is a game of Dodge Ball.Trick is to always win. Someday I am coming back. That is an old area with lots of history I missed seeing. Thanks Brent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions