Attachments

• 100_2851.JPG
    100_2851.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_2852.JPG
    100_2852.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Got 3 more strange ones to go with this one. All of them are whole artifacts.

Attachments

• 100_2855.JPG
    100_2855.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_2856.JPG
    100_2856.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 126
Well I went out today and wanted to do this one by itself cause I just dont know what it is. Looks like a Dalton base but then reworked to something else. What says everyone?

Rock, the first piece I'm certain is a gun flint. It is a nice English flint. This one has its battle scars. One of the cooler ones I've ever seen. The others look like scrapers. I will look at them again. The flint had my eye!!

There are some musket Flint in here on the bottom right. That was a good find. I would be metal detecting that area.. you could find some ammo. In your third photo on the right is another gunflint. The rest look like flakes.

Last edited:
well I did find some old red bricks out there in different parts of the fields. One of the bricks actually had the word Georgia on it just missing the G. I dont know what time frame that would of been for the bricks. But is a old style texture and not like now days style. Could be gun flints i guess.

They are definitely gun Flint. And you have stumbled onto a great site for metal detecting. Keep your eye open for things like clay pipes. That homestead more than likely dates somewhere in the 19th century.

Cool it will give me something to do when they plant the fields.....tick, tock just days away.

This is a point with a broken tip. What type is this strange one? Well I think it is broken dang ugly thing

Attachments

• 100_2859.JPG
    100_2859.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 80
Good luck! That's actually pretty exciting. Even if it wasn't a military site most able body men that were of age were a part of the US military during that time period so most homesteads had some type of military material. You could find some great buttons..ammo...coins..ect..

We posted at the same time.

This is a point with a broken tip. What type is this strange one? Well I think it is broken dang ugly thing

That's definitely not a point from what I see. Mabey it's a scraper with a spur.... let me open the floor for other opinions.... that's what I got from what I saw.

Last edited:
OK thanks for your thoughts it has been a great help, GB and NC.

Last edited:
These were a big heart breaker for me today.

Attachments

• 100_2858.JPG
    100_2858.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_2860.JPG
    100_2860.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 79
These were a big heart breaker for me today.

Rock, I love ya brother, but how the hell is that flint a heart breaker? Mighty nice find! The milky quartz piece does look like it could be a morrow mt. type base. Not sure if morrow mt. is found in your area.

Dude the Dark One is another gunflint. The piece of quartz I don't know.

If I were you I would do a little research on where battles were held in your area.

Rock, I love ya brother, but how the hell is that flint a heart breaker? Mighty nice find! The milky quartz piece does look like it could be a morrow mt. type base. Not sure if morrow mt. is found in your area.

I don't think he figured out it was another one.

Really I thought it was a fluted piece. I have never found flints. And the quartz one is a big broken base. We have MM here. Found 8 miles away.

Attachments

• 100_2101.JPG
    100_2101.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Okay I think it's about time to post some close up pictures of gunflint. by the looks of things you're going to find more there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back