✅ SOLVED In my Garbage pile!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going through some garbage I had from a hunt a few weeks back at a farm. I came across this cup/mug. The site is known to produce some nice Civil War and Colonial items. Any idea on a date or type of cup? It has the small design along the top of the mug.
IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1741.JPG

I had also found this item. I'm kind of confused on what it could be. Found it at my 1600s farm and forgot to post about it. There's a penny for size comparison.
image.jpg image.jpg

Aaannnd, one more thing. Found these two pieces at the Colonial/CW farm about 3 feet away from eachother. Definitely looks like they belong together. Again, a penny is used for size comparison.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks! Cheers! Swing it, Dig it!

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "one more thing. Found these two pieces at the Colonial/CW farm about 3 feet away from each other" are pieces to a folding ruler.

Upvote 0

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first item is aluminum, so it probably isn't that old .. the second item looks like a button missing the shank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first item is aluminum, so it probably isn't that old .. the second item looks like a button missing the shank.
The "one more thing. Found these two pieces at the Colonial/CW farm about 3 feet away from each other" are pieces to a folding ruler.

Thanks Mud Hut! I thought it was a button I haven't found one like that. I would have never guessed the folding ruler! Thank you very much on the IDs!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second one looks like a bullet that hit something really hard straight on.

I initially thought it was a bullet, and after cleaning it is when I got confused. I'll have to show it to others in person and see what they think.

Upvote 0

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a hollow point bullet fired into some hard surface like a steel plate. I have duplicated this before while shooting.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread