OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
By locating the plantation of Risqué that was inherited by Ward's mother, is this a concession that James Beverly Ward is the "authentic origin of the Beale treasure story"?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By locating the plantation of Risqué that was inherited by Ward's mother, is this a concession that James Beverly Ward is the "authentic origin of the Beale treasure story"?

I can think of at least three possibilities:

1. The story may be authentic and there is a treasure in Bedford County. Risque's Plantation is in Campbell County.
2. The story was made up to conceal or hide a CSA Government Treasure.
3. There is no treasure and the story is just that a story.
a. But for this to be true why make a way in the landscape to find the Old Plantation House of James Beverly Risque and his grandson, James Beverly Ward and this concealment was in the early 1960's?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can think of at least three possibilities:

1. The story may be authentic and there is a treasure in Bedford County. Risque's Plantation is in Campbell County.
2. The story was made up to conceal or hide a CSA Government Treasure.
3. There is no treasure and the story is just that a story.
a. But for this to be true why make a way in the landscape to find the Old Plantation House of James Beverly Risque and his grandson, James Beverly Ward and this concealment was in the early 1960's?
You mean 1860's?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The James Beverly Risque home stood until the early 1960's... You would not believe how this home-site has been hidden, yet it can still be found.
Was it concealed by turning the property into a housing subdivided development project?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it concealed by turning the property into a housing subdivided development project?

No it was concealed by the landscape of the surrounding areas. Deeds and court records were altered also during the 1880's up to the 1960's. Yes there is development in the area with over 500 houses on the property today.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a purposeful reason for the Beale Cipher Codes and that was to get people or historians to really inspect the Declaration of Independence.
If you go over the Declaration of Independence you will find a wealth of Encoded Messages.
Why was the DOI dated July 4, 1776? It was not signed by all until much much later.
There are hidden messages in the Date, in John Hancock's signature, well practically all over it.
Keep searching you will get enlightened one day.
...or totally deluded by speculative claims of hidden messages, founding fathers removing a treasure that "The Adventures and Strangers on the Mayflower removed the treasure around 1620".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...or totally deluded by speculative claims of hidden messages, founding fathers removing a treasure that "The Adventures and Strangers on the Mayflower removed the treasure around 1620".

You can doubt all you want but do you have any proof that it did not happen? NO

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have actual evidence to prove that it did happen?
"The "Adventures and Strangers" that you attribute to removing the treasure were not members of the Separatist Leiden Congregation , and consisted of Mayflower crew, and those recruited by Thomas Weston, London Merchant Adventures for the voyage, with some, John Alden, hired to stay on for a year to help establish the colony.

In William Bradford's "HISTORY OF PLYMOUTH COLONY", the ONLY eyewitness to the Plymouth adventure, there is no mention of recovering a treasure from Nova Scotia or anywhere.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you actually think there would be any record? Get real.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would there not be a record, Franklin?
This would be a major boon for the Puritans who wanted to build a "City on the Hill".
But, then again, you post another claim lacking the substance of documentation creating a mystery conspiracy with only you holding the key of understanding.
Until you present substantial evidence and not force fitted fact speculation that these Adventures and Strangers of the Mayflower" discovered this fantastic treasure in Nova Scotia and remove it, I will maintain my doubt.
As you stated, get real.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There's just way too much in the story that we now know for certain today that isn't true, some of it not even being possible that has been conclusively proven.
What remains there is no provenance for despite what some might claim or continue to try pushing.
I will say one thing about the narration, it sure has given birth to many wild and creative treasure tales in its wake.

...and those tales in its wake get wilder by the day with nothing to do with the original narrative story presented in the 1885 Beale Papers dime novel pamphlet copyrighted and published by James Beverly Ward.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Little-Known" Attractions of Lynchburg and Central Virginia
The Dreaming Creek Troll is the 8th story down.
I am sure Rebel-KGC has heard and is familiar with Rufus the Dreaming Creek Troll story.

PS: If you scroll about halfway down, there is a photo of Thomas Jefferson's CHESTNUT GROVE simple frame house at 4714 Polk Street, Lynchburg. :icon_thumright:

For Kace, the above link to the tale of Rufus, The Dreaming Creek Troll.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... the WHOLE neighborhood had strange happenings. it was described as a hazy black "something" or a small person in a brown "skin" pants/shirt", weird sounds that upset ppl & animals; kids of the neighborhood named "it", RUFUS. I knew the reporter; he wrote an article (newspaper) about wife & I once. His wife, Gail, is a GREAT artist, & she had her paintings in a room on the 2nd floor of what was Western Hotel on 5th Street; that is why I knew so much about the old Inn, dated back to the times of TJ, AJ, et al. NICE! They now live in up-state New York, after his stroke. He is fine (as he can be), & has "written" an article RECENTLY for the local newspaper.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks ECS and Reb...I looked it up after franklin said what it was last night.

Strange story but lots of sightings... Anything is possible.

I was enjoying reading that page about Lynchburg until I got to Mags the Cat.. Now I can't get that out of my brain.
How does that even happen? I really wish I hadn't seen or read that...I don't know if there's even enough Apple Pie to erase that image or story! Ugh. So Sad.

I hope someone tells me that was photoshopped and made up. I'm afraid to research it...

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh... the WHOLE neighborhood had strange happenings. it was described as a hazy black "something" or a small person in a brown "skin" pants/shirt", weird sounds that upset ppl & animals; kids of the neighborhood named "it", RUFUS. I knew the reporter; he wrote an article (newspaper) about wife & I once. His wife, Gail, is a GREAT artist, & she had her paintings in a room on the 2nd floor of what was Western Hotel on 5th Street; that is why I knew so much about the old Inn, dated back to the times of TJ, AJ, et al. NICE! They now live in up-state New York, after his stroke. He is fine (as he can be), & has "written" an article RECENTLY for the local newspaper.

Did your reporter friend believe in Rufus? I'm glad he's better after his stroke.

I've always been fascinated by the Mausoleum Story. I've really waffled back and forth if I believe it or not.

Kace

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS - I'm glad the "Rufus" website link came up in discussion again. I meant to bookmark it when you first posted it last year and lost it after an accidental web browser history wipe. Subsequently, I forgot it was a TreasureNet member that provided the link.

Anyway, just wanted to express that "Little Known Attractions...of VA" is a superb repository of curated local legends, and a gem of a website. Thank you for sharing !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread