Incoming Missouri rookie recommendations request

templar

Feb 11, 2009
Cass County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok, have been wanting to do this for a long time, but had to get the kids in college to finally start checking off hobbies I have not yet gotten to! I have been lurking as a guest in this forum for abit and now joined up.
My question <s> relate to starting equipment in this area. I live in Cass County and there is quite a bit of rock/limestone in my immediate area. I plan on mainly hunting this region <coins/ CW etc> so would like recommendations on user friendly and step up models to look at. I am more concerned with a good detector for this area for those types of finds that is relatively intuitive/easy to with good penetration and discrimination.
Also, any local shops/clubs or other information/contacts would be appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

Rick

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whites or Garretts go to their websites or a dealer and read. reliable start up and go machines at the lower end..MXT is good or the Garret Ace

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
go look at the Missouri section on this site and look up a club in your area, go to a meeting.
ask questions about the machines they use, why they use it, pros, cons, cost
then see if there is any hunts in your area. go and watch to see what people are using and how they're doing with their MD, at least that'll give you a starting point.
If you just got the itch, and you got to get out soon. Check out some of the turn on and go machines, like,
white's prizm series, garrett ace 150, 250, fisher f series.
some dealers rent machines also. so you might try renting one and giving it a go.
or if you have a friend that's into MDing or a friend of a friend.
hope this helps

Sniffer

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Where is Cass County? My folks live in Stone County (so I'm familiar with the territory) and I've heard them speak of Cassville. Are you anywhere close?

Noodle

OP
OP
templar

templar

Feb 11, 2009
Cass County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cass county is south of KC..Belton to be specific. And thanks for the information. Really is like buying a car except I know how to drive one of those!
Rick

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i agree with sniffer! go to a club meeting and ask and listen to these people. AND most of them have multiple detectors and just may sell you one at a fair price.and a hole lot cheaper than new.heck you may even find a few friends there! i know theres atleast one in the K.C. area.Warsawdaddy(Ron) belongs to one or more of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread