Increase Bankroll?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wo, wo, wo... You're a poker player???? Now that changes everything! That's how I got my bankroll started (did it the legal way of course.) I won $1800 in a tourney, and have turned that into about $8500 in cash/silver. Once you get a big enough bankroll & have some dump banks set up, you can buy every half you come across & afford to buy someone's dumps sometimes in the hope of finding silver mixed in. If you are good enough, play some tourneys til u get enough to buy a half box (500) then just keep goin thru em!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
baddbluff said:
Wo, wo, wo... You're a poker player???? Now that changes everything! That's how I got my bankroll started (did it the legal way of course.) I won $1800 in a tourney, and have turned that into about $8500 in cash/silver. Once you get a big enough bankroll & have some dump banks set up, you can buy every half you come across & afford to buy someone's dumps sometimes in the hope of finding silver mixed in. If you are good enough, play some tourneys til u get enough to buy a half box (500) then just keep goin thru em!

Good luck!

Yeah total from different sites I'm up like $600 but most of that I've withdrawn and spent. I play the $1-$5 tourneys and have a 98% ROI I have 2 $11 sats on carbon and I'm going to play in their $15,000 Sunday with it and

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
baddbluff said:

Good luck!

Yeah I'm like up $600 but most I've withdrawn. I won an $11 sat on Carbon and am going to play in $15k Sunday. Maybe I'll score big but unlikely. I always go for the win and for me it's usually final table or nothing. It would still take 4-6 weeks to get the $$$ IF I get a decent win.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
baddbluff said:

Good luck!

Well I'm up $600 from nothing but I've withdrawn and spent most of it. I'm playing the $11 $15k Sunday on carbon this week. I'm going big or going home. Final 3 or nothing.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
baddbluff said:

Good luck!

Don't know why it kept saying my posts weren't posted...

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work!

Now sculpt them into a stack of Silver Eagles and post a picture :-) j/k but that would be awesome! Your neighboor would be like.....WTF....???

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey copper do you drive yet? If you do and you are able to use a truck try metal recycling. On days people put out their trash drive around and pick up the scrap throw away metal. First check your local scrap yard for the prices for each metal. If you know someone with old car batteries laying around most scrap yards will give you atleast 5 bucks for them. We are having a garage sale tomorrow, hopefully it will increase my bank roll enough for an extra box a week! good luck

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
except that it is illegal to take stuff from peoples trash without their permission.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get into scrapping don't forget cans from drinks! Every penny adds up.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I really appreciate the advice from everyone scrapping just seems like a lot of work with very little return but I'm just going to go to 8 banks tomorrow with my $75 and just go through customer rolls of dimes, halves, and quarters like crazy. I'm going to get dimes at one bank search them reroll go to the next bank cash them in and see if I can get halves or quarters for them, then go get some dimes, etc. etc then I'll end the day with $25FV Pannies. If I can find one silver coin I will be extatic! :occasion18:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds good... i would increace your bankroll to at least $250 to do dime boxes and a decent volume of CWR dimes...
hh
buff

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ok so I just remembered I have $250 in presidential roll coins. My parents think they will be worth something someday (maybe in 100 years). Maybe I can sell them to them because they don't want me taking them to the bank to buy something. So that would give me a solid $400 bankroll...if I could convince them. So it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell them how much they would be worth in 20 years. I mean they aren't made of precious metals and I could be using that money to go get some! I've decided I'm not going to do a quick turn around but an investment for retirement.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok so I just remembered I have $250 in presidential roll coins. My parents think they will be worth something someday (maybe in 100 years). Maybe I can sell them to them because they don't want me taking them to the bank to buy something. So that would give me a solid $400 bankroll...if I could convince them. So it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell them how much they would be worth in 20 years. I mean they aren't made of precious metals and I could be using that money to go get some! I've decided I'm not going to do a quick turn around but an investment for retirement.

Hey Coppercrazy, retirement is exactly why I do this. I save every piece I get and have never sold any. This is an extension of my 401k for when I'm old( well some would consider me old allready, I'm 40), but your still young so now is a great time to start. I wish I would have started this when I was sixteen, I would be sitting on a nice pile of silver by now. Do what you can to increase your bank roll and start stackin! Good luck, Maverick.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It's no use I can't convince them to let me. I said that they could buy them off me if they are worth so much and I'll buy them back later and they said no that they didn't want them...ridiculous if you ask me.

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
Maybe convince dad that silver is good for your retirement now instead of waiting 50-60 years for those pres. Dollars to be worth anything.Get a box of dimes with the pres.dollars and show him you can be making money now instead of later.my 2 cents.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and you know what? you'll end up with them again some day, good deal! good luck with your dime box.
hh
buff

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Just picked up my box of dimes and decided to get a box of pennies as well and while going through it BOOM 1 silver dime 10 rolls in! Then I got another on my 49th roll! OH BABY!!! I love silver hunting, now I just need to get like 10 boxes at a time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread