No silver since May, so I broke down...

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Well another day of being skunked. Haven't found silver since May. I've found a few coins for my books here and there, and quite a bit of pre 60 nicks but no key dates or silvers. I went through a little more than a box of nickels, about $120-ish, and only got a few pre 60 non-key dates. So I broke down and decided to buy some silver. I went into my favorite coin shop and bought a silver quarter. Hahaha I know it isn't much but at least I can add a little something to my pile. Only paid slightly over melt for a 1925 SLQ ($5.50) it was the earliest non-key date SLQ the store had in today, other than what was on the bid board. I hope I can finally get back in the swing of things and start getting some silver again.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 65
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
red89 said:
Well another day of being skunked. Haven't found silver since May. I've found a few coins for my books here and there, and quite a bit of pre 60 nicks but no key dates or silvers. I went through a little more than a box of nickels, about $120-ish, and only got a few pre 60 non-key dates. So I broke down and decided to buy some silver. I went into my favorite coin shop and bought a silver quarter. Hahaha I know it isn't much but at least I can add a little something to my pile. Only paid slightly over melt for a 1925 SLQ ($5.50) it was the earliest non-key date SLQ the store had in today, other than what was on the bid board. I hope I can finally get back in the swing of things and start getting some silver again.

No silver since may? Ouch. I would probably go to the coin shop also. How much volume do you do that you aren't finding anything? Maybe you need to bump up the volume.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't blame you at all for going to the coin shop. Last time I had a drought I bought a silver eagle. Hope your luck turns around.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing wrong with that! There's no way one can satisfy the insatiable urge for silver stacking through roll hunting only. I have to stack ounces every month and roll hunting just don't cut it anymore.

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't do that high of a volume, about 2k a month searched since may. Once I can spare more cash I plan on bumping my volume up to how ever much I can allow.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do that high of a volume, about 2k a month searched since may. Once I can spare more cash I plan on bumping my volume up to how ever much I can allow.

If I had a small wad of cash I would go through pennies like mad looking for errors then sell those until I could afford a dime box. flip several dime boxes a week until I have a couple solid rolls and then move up to a $500 bank roll. that's five boxes of halves a week if you can flip 'em fast. guarantee you'll find some silver doing that.

of course that's idealized time constraints are always an issue. maybe you should go for CWR dimes, cheap and good chance of silver

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLQ are my favorite too... in the process of completing uncertified set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread