INCREDIBAL 2 cent piece and more at new spot.

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Today I had 2 hours to kill so off I went to the new spot That has been treating us so good. (obsessed) ;D

Anyway First I pulled the ww1 button and the 1919 merc.
Then I got a few buttons and 2 more Indians, 1867 1889.
next I got a silver signal thinking silver dime...I pulled the 1861 fatty, and about 3 feet from that I got a broken but load signal, kicked the leaves over and saw what I assumed was a nickel, but when I picked it up I could not believe it, another 2 cent piece, 1865. When I cleaned with soap and water the detail on this thing made me about S%[email protected] is out there again tonight, can't wait to see what he gets...

Thanks so much for looking H.H. TnT

Attachments

• md28 001.jpg
    md28 001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • md28 009.jpg
    md28 009.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 982
  • md28 018.jpg
    md28 018.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 983
  • md28 010.jpg
    md28 010.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • md28 017.jpg
    md28 017.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • md28 008.jpg
    md28 008.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • md28 007.jpg
    md28 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,055
  • md28 005.jpg
    md28 005.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • md28 003.jpg
    md28 003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,093
  • md28 004.jpg
    md28 004.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,103
  • md28 019.jpg
    md28 019.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,117
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great 2 cent piece! That one was likely dropped when it was still shiny. Oh, and those Civil War "I" buttons are in great shape too. Clean them carefully to keep that gold gilt on!

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnT! 8) WoW! :o What some finds! :o What a site! :o

Ditto what everyone else said bout those coins!

Beautiful!!!! Keep 'em coming!

Nana :)

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
that is a very nice 2 cent piece .I just found my very first and only one two weeks ago and I thought mine was in pretty good shape.Yours looks like a proof .I"m still happy for both of us.Good job!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those came out of the ground? What is the ground made of where you live 2x2's I find this one hard to believe. I dug an 1865 2 cent piece and for copper/zinc metal blend to come out of the ground after being there for over 100 years looking so nice and new is just not likely almost at all. Lol, here is a picture of the one I found.

If you really and truely dug those, Wow great finds, Dang...Lucky!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• 1865 009.jpg
    1865 009.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 1865 009.jpg
    1865 009.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 449

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Those came out of the ground? What is the ground made of where you live 2x2's I find this one hard to believe. I dug an 1865 2 cent piece and for copper/zinc metal blend to come out of the ground after being there for over 100 years looking so nice and new is just not likely almost at all. Lol, here is a picture of the one I found.

Keep @ it and HH!!

YES, IT WAS REALLY AND TRULY DUG.

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the 2 cent weren't green, and if I hadn't found a few Indians in similar shape, I wouldn't believe it. That is in amazing condition. I'm green with envy. Congrats.

OP
OP
TnT2000

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

Keep @ it and HH!!

I have yet to get involved in any negative discussion on this site, I do not believe that is what the site is for. BUT you force me to defend my finds. The answer to your question is "of course I really and truly dug those". The green patina should speak for itself not to mention my before photo of the coins. I believe the more worn the coin the harder the elements effect them. Case and point this is a 1864 Indian I dug in the same area, same properties same look.

If you don't like what you see on my posts you have 2 choices.

(1) keep you comments to yourself if they are going to be negative.
(2) you don't have to read the post.

TnT

Attachments

• md8 006.jpg
    md8 006.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 389
  • md8 006.jpg
    md8 006.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 396

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

Keep @ it and HH!!

Hey TnT2000, Those are some awesome finds! I have had the occassion to find old copper in exactly that same condition. In fact, My very first 2 cent piece looked just about identical to yours, and being a newbie at the time I tried to "get the green off" Big Mistake! Big! Huge! I ruined my first 2 center. A mistake I have not repeated.

I have some nice IH's that look like yours, and many more that don't. It all comes down to the soil type, proper drainage in the area, and the condition of the coin when it is lost. A coins finish is never more durable than when it is uncirculated. Its like the paint job on a new car. I once found a 1835 large cent right at the shoreline of an ocean beach. A crew was digging footings for a seawall, and I scanned the piles of dirt, and found it. It looks like it was lost just after minting, except for some salt water corrosion in spots. I would never have believed it if I hadn't found it myself.

Ignore the naysayers and get out there and find some more!

Congratulations!........Good luck!.........HH

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
I have bought 2 cents at coin shops that don't look near that good, wow I would be beside my self if I came across one in the field that was that well preserved, and you might just be right about the less worn the less they wear in the ground, Those are awsome finds, go get some more, those are really nice coins and the pics are really nice too.
Good luck finding some more it sounds like you are in the right spot for more fabulous finds.

Eddy

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Tnt....

I don't think the person that posted that meant anything personal! i got questioned yesterday because some of my clad did not look dirty enough! <It was under wood chip and i had rinsed it off! Person made a comment about how my dirt must be clean! I just think it is part of the game! Sometimes finds are hard to comprehend for those that are not finding the same things. By the way>>>>>>
awesome 2 cent piece

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
They look dug to me!!! Nice digs!! I think a bunch of us who have been digging a while have run into situations where people show items that were "dug" but seem too good to be true! I use to work with a guy who got into digging because of my talking about it at work. I took him a few times and was going to sell him my older White's 6000. I had a spectrum at the time. I ended up digging a nice half dime when we were out and a few days later he said to a friend of mine that he thought I "planted" the half dime to find in front of him so he would buy the machine!! He later brought in a few mercs... all AU/BU in 2x2s that looked "too good to be true" just sort of odd.. to have that sort of mindset... I went with him a couple more times. I took him to this great yard I had been digging. Really cool lady lived there and I had been going there for a while.. I was not paying attention to where he was digging and the next time I went back by myself... she came out and asked me to stop. She took me over to where an old garden had been in the back.. and there where holes everywhere!! It looked like the moon!!! Big pieces of scrap metal on the ground.. holes wide open... he had been digging back there.. I had been in the front yard.. probably about 4 acres total.. but she said she could not let me dig anymore because of that!!! So.. I went around and filled all the holes as best I could... shed a tear.. and left. I had dug two barber quarters in the same hole in the front... 6 or so large pennies... and a couple of confederate buttons in the front yard... I was just getting started!!
It has been 15 years and I am still pissed about that one!!!!

Hmm.. there is a good topic for a post.. Best Place you have ever been kicked out of!!!!

MonkeyBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread