🥇 BANNER Incredible Gold Nugget found when detecting

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup:

This live dig was caught on video . . . .

I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!!

Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D

EDIT: 07-07-2014 - Several have asked me if this nugget is for sale, I am looking at all offers. Thanks!!

vpg8sg.jpg

iz6mp3.jpg

vgs8k7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 98
OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Mark! Something like that would fetch a pretty penny at auction! Find of a lifetime for sure, so you might as well retire. I can keep Ron company on his MD adventures!
Ron: Great job on the video as always! I love how you guys dropped that thing back in the hole, almost like you were afraid to touch it!

Lol, you would have to go through a pretty lengthy application process, dues, initiation, etc for California Relic Adventures - Treasure Club!!

THANKS Again to all for all of the congratulatory comments the banner votes and the birthday wishes!!!!! :3barsgold::hello2:

OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even if you did, can lightening like that ever strike twice ? :tongue3:
I'd bet against it :laughing7:

Jeff - I won't temp the detecting gods by assuming there is another one out there :notworthy: but I will always be out here in gold country detecting all over, just in case. But definitely the find of a lifetime for me (so far) :icon_thumright:

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the live video of the find! I kept waiting for you to realize what it was. The whole reason I got into metal detecting was to search for gold in the Sierras. I ended up enjoying coin shooting that I never went back to the fields. Looks like I might have to get back up there again, LOL!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found more than my share of gold through the years ,, but dam dude !!! :) Congrats on the find of a lifetime !!!!!!!

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, you would have to go through a pretty lengthy application process, dues, initiation, etc for California Relic Adventures - Treasure Club!!

THANKS Again to all for all of the congratulatory comments the banner votes and the birthday wishes!!!!! :3barsgold::hello2:

I'm ready! How do I apply?
On a serious note, I would love to tag along on one of your adventures. Maybe Jayson and I could carpool it up there from SF.
:laughing7:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol, you would have to go through a pretty lengthy application process, dues, initiation, etc for California Relic Adventures - Treasure Club!! THANKS Again to all for all of the congratulatory comments the banner votes and the birthday wishes!!!!! :3barsgold::hello2:
Capitalism at its best. :) lol

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHERES THE BANNER NOTICE ON THE THREAD??

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude,

For a find like that, you can say dude all you like. That video is just great! How fantastic! I didn't have time to get in my banner vote earlier this week, but I knew that you wouldn't need any help with the votes. That's just such a killer find! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49r relics, have you been back to that area? have you found anything else? If so, please post. We are all getting Gold Fever again:)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And just exactly what is wrong with " dude "? Congrats on finding such an example of why we all do this with little hope of accomplishing what you have.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
This is the MD'ers dream right there. Nice specimen with stones embedded. Just WOW!!!

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzers!!! What type of detector? You could sell a pic of the detector with that nugget to the manufacturer for advertising. And dig every square inch within a mile of that spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Gorgeous Gigantic Gold! :notworthy: :notworthy: :toothy4::blob9::blob3::blob6::blob7::blob6::blob3::blob9: :toothy4: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Your amazing nugget & video have knocked us over flat! Congrats on fab find, dude! Andi (ancient CA dudette :tongue3: )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread