INCREDIBLE HUNT!!!!!!!!Freezing My A$$ Off

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I woke up early and started getting dressed, fired up and ready to go! Looked at the temp 12 degrees....REALLY? My lady who is much more intelligent than I am said " Honey just stay home with me and rest today". Hmmmm this sounds pretty smart, so I did the exact opposite and headed out :tongue3: I wanted to go to the spot I pulled the 4 ugly coppers from yesterday but knew it would be frozen solid. So I went to a spot that I've always wanted to check out. It's just a perfect spot for a colonial homestead. It's a point that sticks out into a small bay. It's on the edge of a river with easy access to the ocean. Only problem is that there's no record of settlement out there. But I didn't care about that. I believed there was something there. Out of the vehicle at 7:18 and ready for a very long hike. Perfect day for it as I figured it might warm me up. First find was a toasty copper in the way out. Random drop I'd say.
I set the T2 up in disc mode today at sens 99 and 0 disc. I love this set up and my baby was nailing the goodies today. Next find was a tiny little button about the size of a thumb tack head at 6".
image.jpg
The next area I found was an old stone bridge that crossed a small creek. I dug a brass bell first thing
image.jpg
Then I got a mid 80s hit down about 8". Out comes a small button. Thought it odd that it rang up so high and thought it might be silver, which would be a first. I'll get to that later :headbang:
I also found a small pewter piece shaped kind of like a tear drop and it's flat on one side. Not sure how to clean this piece. Any ideas are welcomed
image.jpg
After this I decided I was going to work my way up the rivers edge. Not expecting anything but I knew a few miles downriver there was at least two 17th century homesteads. I wasn't even going to swing in the hike but decided I should, very good decision. I got a beautiful 88-89 signal down about 8-10". Dug way down and scanned the plug. Still in the hole. So I dug way down and popped that out, checked the hole and it was out. It had fallen out if the dirt and I finally found it. Heeeeellllll yes! An 1802 Real that looked beautiful. Pretty damn psyched as it's been a very long time since I've found any Spanish. And my first Carolus iiii. A couple feet away I dug a flat button and this iron piece that just looks interesting to me and familiar for some reason.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I also found this oxen shoe close by and it's much different from the other hundreds that I pave dug. It seems much better constructed and has a groove in it. Yes I'm posting an oxen shoe lol
image.jpg
Here's the other iron I found
image.jpg
A few feet down river I got a banging 90 signal and out came my 4th complete shoe buckle :headbang:
image.jpg
image.jpg
About this time I was going to continue my trek down river to the 17th century area but I came to a spot where there was a rock face on one side and a steep cliff down into the river on the other. Slippery leaves in between. So I did the smart thing for a change and turned around.
Things got even better when I got home and rinsed my silver button. Not only was it silver but it was made of a 1772 Carolus iii half real. I absolutely LOVE this thing
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 68
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, the silver coins are gonna be jumping out of the ground for you in 2015

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt my brother! I'm pretty sure you've made your mark on the hobby and digging Rev War buttons is better that digging 98% of silver coins anyway

And notice I didn't even have to do a recent post to give you a slap. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just leave those in the archives bud. I don't need my confidence shaken lol

Actually there's some truth to that because my epic year was 2001, one I'll never match. Too bad I was not around for banner finds then! :)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually there's some truth to that because my epic year was 2001, one I'll never match. Too bad I was not around for banner finds then! :)

Any slim chance you could discover just one more incredible site that produced a pile of stellar finds?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any slim chance you could discover just one more incredible site that produced a pile of stellar finds?

Not in the same way because that happened on top of several of the best individual finds I have ever dug. The only way I could come close is if I started hunting at least 3 times as much as I do now and I hit a huge find along the way. Both of those things happening are very unlikely right now, but I'll never say never because if you get out there good things can happen.

Last edited:

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my friend that is one heck of a nice day - Cold nice day find! That 1792 real is awesome! I am really impressed with that bell! You are definitely in an old historic area and I'm sure it is a thrill ride for ya! Keep on finding and keep on posting!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! I love the colonial stuff, especially the old Spanish silver.

I hear you about the cold temps. This morning here it was -44C (-47.2F) with the wind chill factor. Talk about depressing.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! I love the colonial stuff, especially the old Spanish silver.

I hear you about the cold temps. This morning here it was -44C (-47.2F) with the wind chill factor. Talk about depressing.

Yeah it's about -28 here. Time for some research. It kills me to be frozen out. I've considered the water thing but in not sure when it's this cold out

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gz on cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread