baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's too many, I would be glad to help you out!! That is great luck!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We'll see. So far I'm not sure if these will be limited to just me or not. The last cool old homesite sure was prime for needing several folks but the owners wouldn't allow it! I first hope that none of these places have been detected before. The rest I'll just have to play by ear..

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
First house was a bust except for bottles and poison ivy! Might have a little better luck if we could get some rain. We'll be back...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pyledriver said:
First house was a bust except for bottles and poison ivy! Might have a little better luck if we could get some rain. We'll be back...

Hahah..had to chime in on the Posin Ivey part...since July ive gotten 3 shots for Posion Ivy..they tell me to stay out of the woods...they just dont get it

What part of North Texas are you in...I wonder if we have came across each other at sometime...Good luck with the houses...HH

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, that's me too! My wife gets mad at me because looking at the blisters and ugly spots grosses her out real bad. Plus this last time I somehow ended up with a spot on my lower eyelid.. I have a source for 3% hydrocortisone cream if it gets bad enough! Otherwise the 1% does well and I just wear long sleeves when it gets unsightly. I've actually conditioned myself to ignore the itching!

Location-wise, I'm in Plano and hunt old houses north of me and a couple in east Texas near Palestine. I do some hunting in Wise county also but that's where I primarily hunt pigs and other critters...and I do a LOT of that! I've run across so many great places out west that I keep telling myself one day I'm gonna have to dedicate my time to some detecting instead of rifle work. Also, there were a couple guys that used to pan in one of the creeks out there..and supposedly found some gold..I just haven't been able to find out where they were. Yet.

As to the old houses that started this thread..I've been so busy at work with meetings related to whether we stay employed..it's just been hard to concentrate on fun stuff!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
None lately! Between me being busy with work and my buddy having the same problem.... I can't beleive how busy I get! One kid who's a senior in college, one who is in boot camp with the Marines and a five year old!!! Plus audits at work and trying to start a new business so I have a place to land if/when the music stops playing and I find that I have no chair to land in.... I'll get back at it soon!

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
Yeah, that's me too! My wife gets mad at me because looking at the blisters and ugly spots grosses her out real bad. Plus this last time I somehow ended up with a spot on my lower eyelid.. I have a source for 3% hydrocortisone cream if it gets bad enough! Otherwise the 1% does well and I just wear long sleeves when it gets unsightly. I've actually conditioned myself to ignore the itching!

Location-wise, I'm in Plano and hunt old houses north of me and a couple in east Texas near Palestine. I do some hunting in Wise county also but that's where I primarily hunt pigs and other critters...and I do a LOT of that! I've run across so many great places out west that I keep telling myself one day I'm gonna have to dedicate my time to some detecting instead of rifle work. Also, there were a couple guys that used to pan in one of the creeks out there..and supposedly found some gold..I just haven't been able to find out where they were. Yet.

As to the old houses that started this thread..I've been so busy at work with meetings related to whether we stay employed..it's just been hard to concentrate on fun stuff!

I have panned with my three sons in Bee Creek, but just found traces of gold.
Richard

poftravel

Apr 4, 2012
Coppell, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett TA300, GTAx-1250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got more places to hunt than time. I just got permission to hunt a number of lots in Richardson and will do these on my lunch hour at work, good luck to you !!!!.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a product out there called Tenco(?),for poison ivy,this stuff really works,you might also try buying some 20% white vineagar,put it in a pump up sprayer with water and a drop of dish soap,this will kill the poison ivy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread