Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,This might be a little long but I got lots of pics. Yesterday I stopped by a church office which is a 1900 house mabe earlier to ask permission to detect it and church ground.The lady said no but she would call someone and get back to me.I gave her my bussiness card and left.She called 20 mins later and said you got the green light. Just fill in holes and anything that might relate to the church history to show them.LOL Show em! I told her if I did I would give it to them.So off I went.I was thereAbout an hour,dug/cleared ALOT of junk/trash.I then got a sig that was very bouncy after a run on zinc jar lids.( I always dig these,never know if the jar is still attached w/something in it).I cut the plug and pulled it.Bout 4 in. down there was this compact type thing. DEAR LORD I thought as I shook it and could here something inside. Iset it aside and tried to keep on but visions of coins and JD missouri gold coin compact I had to go home. I cleaned it and it was silver plated carefully opened it.It had 2 coin slots and a fold up glass, iguess a mirror.Oh well.
I went back today and dug the same amount of trash(plastic grocery bag) 2 locks- 1 says Philgas other says Eagle six lever. The biggest Tootsie toy Ive dug yet, a Packard. A 49 wheat and 36 merc.
I was ready to quit when I was headin back to the truck an older gent pulled in and asked if I found anything? I showed him my finds and he says he the guy who gave the permission.Dont you know I certainly THANKED him.He then showed me all of their property which includes another house and a lot where there was a house.I asked if he needed a hand unloading his truck he said sure.I helped and he says " I live in an old house nearby,with slave quarters and all 1800s (drool).I said thats real cool! He then says " would you like to detect it?"LOL WOULD I. he gave me his number and we will see on that one.
Now for the pics. They are all together i dont know how to write under the pics.

Thanx for lookin, jimmy

Attachments

• cp4.jpg
    cp4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 886
  • today.jpg
    today.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 877
  • cp10.jpg
    cp10.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 876
  • cp9.jpg
    cp9.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 889
  • cp8.jpg
    cp8.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 882
  • cp7.jpg
    cp7.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 875
  • cp6.jpg
    cp6.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 885
  • cp5.jpg
    cp5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 893
  • cp4.jpg
    cp4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 891
  • cp3.jpg
    cp3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 890
  • cp2.jpg
    cp2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 899
  • cp1.jpg
    cp1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 900
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Looks like you did good! and with more to come!

But you gotta turn those horseshoes upside down so the luck doesn't run out! -Noodle

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job and one good turn leads to another can't wait to see your finds from his estate.

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scanned the folding piece of the compact. It has a # 1066537 and E A M. I think mabe Elgin American circa 1930s? The horse shoe is also wierd. its very small and is not iron.seems tobe an alloy,aluminum?

Attachments

• add.jpg
    add.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 834

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!!!!

You did have a very lucky day. That's nice that the gentleman would invite you to detect other property. Keep us updated on that one.

Last year I helped a friend of my mothers to pull weeds in front of her business. I was waiting for the opportunity to ask her if I could bring the detector over. She said no problem. I couldn't sleep that night. Her business is located next to an old bank building from the 1920's, her business is in a house that is from the same time period, the area is all grass. After one hour of searching, only aluminum pieces from cans, copper tubing, washers, and other assorted garbage. I didn't find even one modern coin....oh well.

I wish I had a spot like you have there. Have fun at it for all of us that can only sit here and watch.....(that sounds bad) :D

HH

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the vote of confidence guys. I rested for a while but seem to be gittin er back on track now.
Nick-you know your welcome up here anytime.dont need to bring any of that great food with ya either,we can whip up somethin good between hunts buddy.

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Cool finds!! your Tootsietoy Packard is cool. It's a Patrician made from 1956-59. Does it have the tow hook in back?
Jerry

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
Cool finds!! your Tootsietoy Packard is cool. It's a Patrician made from 1956-59. Does it have the tow hook in back?
Jerry
thanx and yes it does

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs :)

HH

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to the nice fella who offered up his place today.He said to call & come over next week. ;D

Snowdragon

Jun 10, 2006
Graham, Texas
The compact is what they refered to in the 60's as a mad money compact. Not sure how old they really are but my mom had one and said it was for when you went out on a date and the guy tried to get to familar, you wouldn't be without options. You could get mad and call a cab.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Nice finds, I think I know where that place is, I live right up the street in Mount Airy.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds, Jimmy! :thumbsup: And awesome that you have new sites to hunt too! Can't wait to see what all you find! :wink:

Congrats!! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread