Incredible "V" score from nickel box to top off a great November! Pic!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Incredible "V" score from nickel box to top off a great November! Pic!

Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving! I am back in Missouri with my family for the holiday. Anyways, my daughter and I hit the banks today and got a box of halves -- total skunk... And a box of nickels. Nickels have been very good here! Had no idea just how good until today!

Total haul:

2 war nickels
1 1942 D in very nice shape
28 other pre-1960s including a near uncirculated 1946 S

AND!!!!! Two V Nickels!!! 1910 and 1911!!! I've only found three in my entire CRHing adventures, and got two from the same box today. The 1911 has most letters of Liberty visible.

We were super excited. Split the finds 50/50 with my CRH partner! She has a nice little collection for a 14 year old!

Hope everyone scores big in December. With the retail surge I saw last night at WalMart (WOW!!!) people have to be cashing in some coins to buy all that stuff!

Attachments

• Nov 11 Nics.jpg
    Nov 11 Nics.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Incredible "V" score from nickel box to top off a great November! Pic!

Nothing like spending time CRH'ing with family, and someone who also enjoys it!

Awesome nickel box, still need a 1942d for my collection. The V nics are really hard to find, and 2 in one box, amazing. I would go back and get another nickel box. :)

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats Numismanic!
I concur. Go back and pick up a few more nickel boxes. Love those V Nickels!

apush :read2:

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awesome score! i've only ever found 1! great job man

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011

My only V nickel from CRHing was on the outside of the roll, a 1910. I've gotten 6 buffalos and 10 War Nickels (1 more this past weekend). I only save the pre-'56 nickels, as there are no errors from '56-'59 (of which I'm aware). I've gotten several rolls each of 1940s and 1950-55, including a 1938-S, 1939-D (!!!!) and a 1939-S. Still no 1950-D, though I got a nearly Unc. 1950 once (almost blew by it, thinking it was newer).

My daughter found a 1906 V-nickel at her school playground pressed into the dirt. She was 8 at the time, and didn't know what it was, just that it was old and a US coin. That was her introduction to coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread