rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok well I posted this up earlier in the what page cause I thought it was an early cannonball. Cannonballman said no. So what do you people think that it might be? I bought it in N Fl. and was told it was a dig find. Found west of Tallahassee on the Cocohatchee river. It is 3 inches tall completely well rounded and smooth. Its heavy for its size and is made of clay (at least on the outside). It was bought by the person I got it from in a large Artifact collection. I have no idea except for game ball but it is rather large IMO for one. Any ideas would be great and the age would help. Thanks rock 100_1995.JPG 100_1994.JPG It has a impact fracture on one side.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be that then. Are they worth anything?

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't believe they would be worth much. There were hundreds where I grabbed theses two. They make great paper weights :).

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am out 10$ then. Thanks for all of your help on this. You are the only person that has came even close to what this might be. Seeing it was found on a river area milling would be possible. I wonder if they used these type of balls for their milling stones?

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on this one. I took it to a Indian Museum this morning and the guy said another person had brought one in earlier this week. He had found his in Ga I bought this one in Fl. He said it must be a game ball of sorts and said it is made from stone not clay as I thought. But is not a cannon ball. Just wanted to let everyone know. I guess I will keep it as is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread