Dec 12, 2023
IMG_0187.png

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not that I can tell you anything on the item, as I'm about as pottery stupid as a person can get. But some context or information on it would help those in the know.

Like, where found (State, region, cave, river, etc), when found (Yesterday, 50 years ago), how found (A dig, or just an eye ball find), found or bought, etc. Again this type of information goes along way in helping people ID items.

Plus are you asking if it is Indian, or are you saying it Is Indian, and are you wanting to narrow it to a tribe etc.

This is not meant as a lecture mind you, just giving you some pointers to help you get the ID you are looking for. Good luck and I hope get some of the answers you seek.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
OP
OP
D

digit1123

Greenie
Dec 12, 2023
Not that I can tell you anything on the item, as I'm about as pottery stupid as a person can get. But some context or information on it would help those in the know.

Like, where found (State, region, cave, river, etc), when found (Yesterday, 50 years ago), how found (A dig, or just an eye ball find), found or bought, etc. Again this type of information goes along way in helping people ID items.

Plus are asking if it is Indian, or are you saying it Is Indian, and are you wanting to narrow it to a tribe etc.

This is not meant as a lecture mind you, just giving you some pointers to help you get the ID you are looking for. Good luck and I hope get some of the answers you seek.
thank you so much for the guidance

Upvote 0

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just guessing... it looks like it was buried. And that one handle is damaged...
Google lens pointed me in a certain direction.. a burial urn?

Upvote 0

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of pottery, none like i recall seeing, post it in the native american forum,

Upvote 1
OP
OP
D

digit1123

Greenie
Dec 12, 2023
Just guessing... it looks like it was buried. And that one handle is damaged...
Google lens pointed me in a certain direction.. a burial urn?
interesting thing i noticed while researching is that the way the opening on the spout is very small and has been made that way intentionally is something i came across only on ancient baby bottles

Upvote 0

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the spout now in what I thought a broken handle. Also looking closer I realize this thing looks quite small...

Upvote 0

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen that style of Native American pottery before and the workmanship looks a little crude. My guess is a recent school or back yard pottery making project.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions