• indinartsfeb.JPG
    indinartsfeb.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 2,758
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jd, if you get over to Okla., stop in at the Cherokee Villiage in Tahlequah. Thy're supposed to have an authentic villiage set up from 1700"s-1800's. They'll show you how to knap flint, make pottery,baskets, etc. the old way. THey're not allowed to speak English only Cherokee but a guide is with you that can translate. You can walk through the villiage and also enjoy the museum. At one point they were selling some of the items made in the villiage as souveniers.

brobogus

Greenie
Nov 26, 2004
check out www.arrowpack.com ,,,,,, it's a "beware " board for discussion on artifakers, ebay scammers as well as a place to view peoples? personal finds from all over the US. lots of folks to help with your questions and lots of links to help educate yourself. another good site is www.prosbb.com (prehistoric relic owners society)
? personally , i used to surface hunt farms in the area (N.E. Arkansas) but started hunting in creeks and ditches surrounding these farms with much better luck as far as numbers and quality. heres a pic of a couple of cache river side notch points, the red and tan was a surface find , the solid tan was a ditch find. good luck hunting , no matter what your treasure is~!? gwilson

p.s. jd ,,,,, missouri? has tons of artifacts ,,,,, but watch out ,,,,, it's a serious addiction as well ~!

Attachments

• Mvc-031s.jpg
    Mvc-031s.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,042
J

Jim Cal

Hey, thanks for the pictures. Your daughter is really keen eyed to spot those! Good luck! Jim Cal

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
I've been hunting points all my life and found that they are worth from $15 to around $400 for the ones I have but most are only worth $100 and less.
I'm still looking for that Clovis point. :o
To get to them points that are worth the big bucks you must dig down to the claybed for the old ones.
A perfect Clovis point is worth about 20 dollars ...because its fake but a real one is in the $5000. range.
But they are all fun to find.

Red

C

Copper

red said:
I've been hunting points all my life and found that they are worth from $15 to around $400 for the ones I have but most are only worth $100 and less.

? ?Red

Where does one sell points? In this area people don't pay much attention to them anymore because there are so many fakes floating around. I don't think most folks believe there's a sure way of telling the difference between a real ancient point and one of modern fabrication.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Well some some times you can't tell a real one from a fake. But the people I know that buy arrowheads only buy the 1000 and up range ones and they take them and have them carbondated to make sure they are real.
If they are fake then the person that sold them is in deep crap if they said they were real but if you buy one get that in writing.

As far as selling try
Jackson Galleries in Sharpsburg, Kentucky and Ron Larson in Laurel, MD.
they should be able to help.

good luck
Red

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv had most of these since I was a kid in NJ in the early seventies...i dont know what many of them are.

Attachments

• Picture 144.JPG
    Picture 144.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,932
C

Copper

j.d. in missouri said:
Iv had most of these since I was a kid in NJ in the early seventies...i dont know what many of them are.

Hey! I recently found a stone that looks a lot like one of those in your picture. I'll take a picture of it and post it. I'd like to know if it was some sort of tool. I found it last summer in some sand fill we ordered.

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J.D the one on the far right is really nice, good shape and looks to be in good condition. I consider artifacts decent finds even if thier broken.

TxA_GunFighter

Feb 23, 2005
Fairview, Oklahoma
JD,

I live in Hannibal, MO and we will have to hook up some time for some fun THing. Going to do some gold prospecting in MO this summer and lots of THing and MDing.

Thanks for the info all.

GH

gunny

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
The three bottom right stones are axes and or hammers...Darn good finds..
If you go to a used book store you can find a book called The oversreet Indian identification and price guide Arrowheads.

All large and small book stores carry these books.Some
There full of great info an all points.

get some info on digging and you will start finding the old stuff thats worth a lot..

Let me know what you keep finding

Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread