Indiana ideas

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
North, South, East or West side of the state? I can help you out with Eastern Indiana.
xXx

OP
OP
T

tkfishing

I just started detecting this weekend so to answer your questions I don't have a clue. I checked around where I live and I was told that the parks are off limits. I'am trying to find out about state owned parks, forrest, etc.

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
tk, I live in southern Indiana, I don't have any problems hunting in the parks....I've not hunted in state owned parks. I enjoy hitting schools, beaches, old churches, and abandoned property (with permission) the older the better. Type "ghost towns in Indiana" in your web browser and see if you're located close to any of these. Be sure to get plenty of practice before hitting a well manicured yard....don't want to leave a negative image for future possibilities. Happy Hunting. Dan

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello tkfishing,,,
I live here on the west side of Indy and have hunted just about all the parks here in town, and a few outside of town. I have never been told I couldn't hunt. Some state parks are off limits, but you have to ask... I have hunted at Eagle Creek State Park, and they don't mind a bit, unless you leave holes in the ground... Not sure where your at, some small towns frown on people doing anything, but walking in their parks. I have heard you can't hunt some of the parks in Plainfield, but I'm not really sure about that...
Here is a link to the Indiana Historical Societies web site: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm4/search.php
This link will take you to a search page for pics,,, just type in parks, schools, playgrounds, fishing, or just about anything you can think of and if there is a pic of it, it will take you there... It's a good site for finding out where a lot of the older stuff in the state was at.
You may still have to find out exactally where it was, but it's a good place to start... You might even try to search for things around your area, such as the town you live in,,, If there are any historical significance to them they will probably be on there...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
TK hey I grew up in Indiana and the first spot I'd check is just north of the Turkey Run State park along the river.
Need I say more?
Dano.

Now you have something to RESEARCH! Go and learn........

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
I am from mount vernon, Indiana and have lived here my whole life and I look for arrowheads in point township, make sure you get permission or you will get buckshot lol. I purchased a home here in 1994 and it was built in 1890, I have found treasures in the house to many to list. In the polebarn I found among old paint cans 5 old cookie tins to the brim with antique jewelry, most of which was eisenberg ice. I also found old furniture stored in the attic of the old barn underneath tons of old barn wood. The list goes on and on. I am living out in the country here and a stream runs along the backside of the property which I would like to pan for gold just for giggles. Good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions