kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't had much luck with silver this year, but I have found some really cool things. This button came out of an old picnic or fairgrounds near my house. It is the same one where I found the Ohio Civil War volunteer medal. I'm not used to finding buttons. The front is the seal of Indiana and the back is looped with a name and state. If you have any ideas of the age of the button or what kind of garment it might have come from, I would love to hear.

HH, Don

Attachments

• InButton.jpg
    InButton.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 278
  • ButtonBack.jpg
    ButtonBack.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 264
Just saw this. it's a cool button. The button actually dates 1866 to the 1890's. Any Steele and Johnson backmark with Waterbury, Waterbury CT or MFG Co is post civil war.

vayank54 said:
Just saw this. it's a cool button. The button actually dates 1866 to the 1890's. Any Steele and Johnson backmark with Waterbury, Waterbury CT or MFG Co is post civil war.
Yea didn't have a book vanyank54 or nothing to tell me other then the site.Which I see I got wrong to with what it says!Should had said the second one would had been closer! :thumbsup:
STEELE & JOHNSON 1858-1875
STEELE & JOHNSON MFG CO. 1875-1920

That's cool timekiller. I really dislike a lot of those sites as a lot of them have wrong info. I don't always agree with the books either. Going by what I've seen dug and what I''ve learned in 40 years I know some of the stuff is wrong. I'm still learning stuff about buttons everyday though.

vayank54 said:
That's cool timekiller. I really dislike a lot of those sites as a lot of them have wrong info. I don't always agree with the books either. Going by what I've seen dug and what I''ve learned in 40 years I know some of the stuff is wrong. I'm still learning stuff about buttons everyday though.
It's like having a history book :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back