Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: INFO NEEDED, GIPSIES

THANKS BUCKRAM , yes that just might help. I'm going to do a Library contents search now & see if there available anywhere here in PA.

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio

Hey, Jeff, we have a gypsy family living here in Rushville, IN. They own a Laundr-O-Mat, Store, tanning salon, and pizza parlor. They live outside of town, between Rushville and Shelbyville, 7 miles either way. Most of them live in a trailer park, and have tons of chickens running around. It is rumored they run a behind the scenes gambling area in their store. I graduated a gypsy girl, and she just recently married her cousin. I don't think that helps with PA, but just letting you know they still exist!

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks S.T. I kind of thought they sorta went Mainstream to a point. just have a hunch, there may be a few Gipsy caches out there somewhere. and I'm trying to get a little insight into there habits. I know they marked my neighbors house in the 50's, because they were welcomed in, for a meal, as it was their way to let future Gipsy travelers know they were welcome. I can't remember how they marked it, but they did . and I'm wondering if they had markings for cache sites, sorta a "Travelers Aid" for other family members. at this point just a hunch I'm looking into.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Contact me if you need info and what specifically you are looking for . There are many communities of Gypsy's and no....we all dont live in trailer parks with chickens.....many have gone mainstream to a point ,owning business's alas , but have never lost the quest for adventure and travel...There are not alot of full fledge caravans traveling back and forth ,stealing your seelver....but we are out here!

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California

I don't know if this qualifies, but here in California we have Gipsies that do not have a job, they travel from town to town scamming people in parking lots to wherever claiming the are body repair experts, will repair car dent and damage for cheap rates, the slap putty
on the car, primer then sploch on spot putty, then they tell the person it's all ready for paint, just take it to a body shop and they will paint it. WRONG! once taken to a shop it must be stripped down and started over. I see this often, as being in the collision business. now the people are out hundreds.
BEWARE!
where are the gypsies with CRYSTAL BALLS?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
Contact me? if you need info? and what specifically you are looking for . There are many communities of Gypsy's? and no....we all dont live in trailer parks with chickens.....many have gone mainstream? to a point ,owning business's? alas , but have never lost the quest for adventure and travel...There are not alot of full fledge caravans traveling back and forth ,stealing your seelver....but we are out here!

? Welcome Gypsyheart, You have Mail? ;)

? ? ? ? ? ?YOU DON'T OWN CHICKENS ? What a Disappointment? ;D

The only Thing I realy know is the STANDARD B.S. read in the Newspaper, Or Heard over the Scanner , Every time their is an Attempted Scam on The Elderly.

Personally, I THINK I'm a little TOO "EDUCATED", To believe it's actual "Gypsies"? :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Glad to Have you with us.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I didnt say that I didnt own chickens! i meant they werent running all over ! Hahaha .....Because I can cook one mean chicken soup!
I am amazed at the stigmatism that the word Gypsy still carries .....after centuries of being persecuted...no wonder we all went underground......Those scam artists the other posters are talking about probally dont have one drop of ROM blood in them ...so its no skin off my back....Rip off artists come from every walk of life....As I gaze into my crystal ball......I see no change in this soon....

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California

gypsyheart said:
Those scam artists? the other posters are talking about probally don't have one drop of ROM blood in them ...so its no skin off my back....Rip off artists? come from every walk of life
Sorry about that, it's just a name the industry has labled for them, like from the old Crystal ball, tell a fortune and GIVE ME THE MONEY kind of thing.

it amazes me Gypsyheart, it's a lifestyle that most people really don't even think about, ------------- interesting!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

No apology needed! ....The Geev me your seelver is correct ?as well as the crystal ball tho, hahaha.....You come to my camp sometime beeper....i cook you nice fat cheeken!
:D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Me mother was a Hungarian Gypsy, me father a pirate......there is no hope....

Haha Beeper.....It will be rum and daggers !

Where are you located , I have a friend in Ca. I would like to have you meet out there. He is going to be looking for a treasure cache over Christmas Holidays in this area
Murrieta Canyon near the Wheeler Hot Springs Resort. Are you near there ?

Ah, but alas, no cannon's thunder, no ships to plunder, no wayward ports to lay asunder...o what misfortune! The miserable fate of a pirate born too late

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
gypsyheart said:
Me mother was a Hungarian Gypsy, me father a pirate......there is no hope....

Haha Beeper.....It will be rum and daggers !

Where are you located , I have a friend in Ca. I would like to have you meet out? there. He is going to be looking for a treasure cache over Christmas Holidays in this area
Murrieta Canyon near the Wheeler Hot Springs Resort.? ?Are you near there ?

Ah, but alas, no cannon's thunder, no ships to plunder, no wayward ports to lay asunder...o what misfortune! The miserable fate of a pirate born too late

eyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, am getting the picture!
then DAGGERS it will be! RUM in a flask attached to me!.? ?

only in fire light on dirt for a floor, i can see lure and lust of a lady with castanets twirling around the fire, while I chant for MORE.

I'M about 300+ miles away away from that area, if in Murrieta canyon the treasures are there! rumor has it many a fortune buried there.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Jeff, It's hard to tell the gypsies from the irish rovers these days. In days of old the gypsies were persecuted. A big chunk of the 18 million people murdered by Adolph hitler were gypsies. He also took out all the insane and most of the folks in the old folks homes. Any religious people also ended up in labor / extermination camps. There was also persecution in the united states. In most towns there were gypsie campgrounds. All folks traveling through were forced to stay there or move on. If you want to know where they were look at the oldest maps of your town. Mark the boundaries of the old town and then look around any springs or ponds off the roads. Some will be marked with the words camp ground on the maps. Gypsies usually buried their money each night while in camp. When they were forced to make a quick departure sometimes the money was left behind for next time. One hallmark of gypsie caches is the larger silver coins of all nations. exanimo, ss

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
What Seigfried states is true..Gypsy's have been persecuted throughout the centuries by every country ,including America. But I do know that if you are looking for traces of gypsy camps, then that will be hard. They would always try to camp near running water as ,contrary to popular belief ,they were very clean about themselves and their households. Donning the dirty beggars clothes to gain sympathetic coins was generally a clever ruse.
As for burying the money...I do find this hard to believe, A Gypsy was on the move and posed for constant flight. Taking the time to bury a handfull of silver just doesnt make sense. From every story passed down the time lines in our family ,all valuables were kept on mama, mainly in her ample boosoms ,where papa would pluck a coin or two when needed. :P A fine tradition kept by most Hungarian Gypsy women to this day...
The Gypsys were and remain a mysterious culture, because they allowed the townspeople to think what they may about them, revealing very little about themselves to outsiders. Whether this was a protective shield for them ,after surving being outcast and persecuted in other countries, I dont know.
You may not find full fledge Gypsy camps today, but you will find many of their people who settled in communities of like kind. Here you will find adventurous,boistrous generous heart warming people. Look in the Hungarian or Romanian sectors of your cities. Or if you are a traveler, look to the campsite that has music....Gypsys live and breath music and dancing...its in our blood lines

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO where do I find a Hungarian Gypsy Woman these Days ?? ?:-*

? ? ? ? By reading Local Histories I see Passages saying Where they Camped.
? ? ?For the most part, Alot of these areas are Now Built up.

? ? However there are a Few yet.

I also Remember them at the Carnavals, when I used to Attend them.
Usually Reading Fortunes.

? ? My main thought, Like I mentiond above, Was, IF Gypsies would Look ahead and Either Bury Money for their own. or other Gypsy Travelers. And if they Did, How would they have Marked their sites.

? Thank you to Everyone who responds here & to yous who responded Via P.M.
? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? JEFF

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Gypsys who needed to leave in a hurry would place Ribbons in coded colours or dolls fashioned into certain forms from dark rags were tied to roadside bushes, and ancient Gypsy runic signs carved into the trunks of trees, in order to tip off caravan-dwellers who came by later to any lurking dangers.
Most of their signs or sybmols are gone. A carved "V "in a rock or tree is always a good sign. You have to remember that all Gypsys decended from Egypt and many of their signs and symbols derive directly fro the Egyptian culture
Gypsys often camped at cemetarys, because these were avoided by superstitious towns people
To tell you the truth, alot of Gypsy's buried their loot in a cemetary. Gypsy's believe that by taking a coin from each family and blessing it with rituals and then burying it in a cemetary would bring them more fortune. Then each year when they passed through this spot, they would stop and perform the ritual over the same money again in order to procur wealth over the next year. Gypsys believe in gold and their women often wore large amounts of it....again carrying the wealth of the tribes on themselves.These tombstones were often marked with a V on the top or backside or the secret symbol that each clan or tribe had for their own. Now you might be able to find old cemetarys along a known gypsy route , but becare when digging! And if you do find a stash...dont take it all. Bad bad !
Another well known fact is that Gypsys would hide money in a cave ,near their camps and decorate the walls inside with runic symbols
A gypsy doesnt believe in getting "lucky" they believe in making themselves lucky and will perform cleansing and religous rituals in order to become so.

Be careful in wishing for a Gypsy Woman ,Jeff, all Gyspy women hold the power in the tribes and we are all Hungarian Hellcats . :-*
I will send you some things on symbols later today to help you on this seardh

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Gypsys who needed to leave in a hurry would? place Ribbons in coded colours or dolls fashioned into certain forms from dark rags were tied to roadside bushes,

I remember seeing dolls hanging from trees, but I was probably around 10 at the time. can't remember EXACTLY where.

gypsyheart said:
Be careful in wishing ? we are all Hungarian Hellcats . :-*

DON'T YOU KNOW ? I live for Danger :P
gypsyheart said:
I will send you some things on symbols later today? to help you on this seardh

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Jeff

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I have family that work with the carnival, there are many there (not my family)who can trace their heritage directly from the hungarian gypsy lines. These are generally honest hardworking folks who enjoy travel and are not tied to any patch of real estate. Much of the mistrust that has arisen from the stereotype comes from outsiders who just don't understand the unique beliefs and lifestyle of the past and modern gypsy. Just my take on this topic. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread