Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
talked to a pharmacist this morning. Asked him if he knew anything about the old methods of weighing in the pharmaceudical business. I also explained I had found several of the little mini bowl nesting weights, some with numbers and hallmarks. The Pharmacist knew what I was talking about and laughed when I told him I've manage to find nearly a whole set detecting the fields. He explained the little bowls, despite their shape and looking like they were made to have something poured into them were really only meant to save space. They stack into each other, as I have mine stacked as well, so you have 7-10 weights that take up the space of one and fit into a smaller storage box with the scales. Really simple, LOL! I've done several hunts this past week but haven't had time to document and take pics, 3 small silvers are the big finds. HH, Mike

47b5db23b3127cce9138f7f26fae00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
How crazy is it you've found an entire matched set and I've never found even one? :o Interesting finds!

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
How crazy is it you've found an entire matched set and I've never found even one?? ? :o? Interesting finds!

I'm in Germany, they also used these types of weights in England. The weights I've found are probably 200-250 years old and I date them so due to the style of the '1' used on the hallmarks. They quit using that style in the late 1700s. Haven't found much info about them on the internet. HH, Mike

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ahh, that would explain that. I love the history of Germany, do you live there or are you stationed there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread