Info on coins variaties, errors, etc.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some sites in my 'favorites' about coin errors and varieties; mostly for pennies. I would like to know if someone can tell me of more sites for nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, and other coins. I am thrilled with the 'copper coins.com' site with the 'advanced search'. I've only entered a couple of cent dates and was amazed at what came up! I'd like to have sites like this for all other denominations of U.S. (especially), also Canadian, and Mexican coins as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just starting some CRHing and have about 600 coins that I have kept from MDing in the past. Since I am just starting this, I am worse than the 'newbie' status; so any help would be great.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would recommend Ken Potter's website on Errors and Varieties, the Lincoln Cent Resource, CoinNews.net, Vam World and the Coin Talk and Coin Community forums. However, there are many other very good websites and forums you can find online for resources. You can also join Coneca and subscribe to Errorscope, a magazine devoted to Errors and new finds.

Ken Potter's Error & Variety Coin List

The Lincoln Cent Resource

Error Coin Price Guide with Mint Error Photo Descriptions | Coin News

http://www.vamworld.com

Coin Talk

Coin Forum, Numismatic Education, and Collecting Information | Coin Community

CONECA

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it a lot! I'll start checking 'em out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions