Inline carbon filter for hookah air?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if anyone knows of a cheap and easy set up for a small inline carbon filter for my hookah line. I'm thinking maybe somthing that screws on in between the main line and the regulator line at the attachment point.

Is somthing like that available or will I have to make it?

Thinking under $40

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I don't know if id use a carbon filter without some sort of water separator ! I used to have a setup that had the water separator first then a paper cartridge filter next. the paper cartridge is cheap . the carbon filter will plug up if gotten wet.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
on my shallow water compressors, we use water filter canisters (the plastic ones, they will hold 100psi and take a lot of abuse since they are so thick) and filters,. I use 2 filters back to back on the tank outlet, so the tank acts as a water seperater, a straight fiber one into a carbon/fiber one . the fiber one catches any oils, particles or impurities that may get in and helps extend the life of the carbon/fiber one. on my deeper compressers, I use a stainless steel version of the canisters

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
heres some pics I just took of the filter canisters. the plastic ones are on one of my volume tanks, the stainless is on one of my compressors
air canisters plastic.jpg air canisters stainless.jpg

ETA: forgot to add that I drilled and tapped the bottom of the plastic canisters for a drain petcock to drain moisture

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread