Inline carbon filter for hookah air?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if id use a carbon filter without some sort of water separator ! I used to have a setup that had the water separator first then a paper cartridge filter next. the paper cartridge is cheap . the carbon filter will plug up if gotten wet.

on my shallow water compressors, we use water filter canisters (the plastic ones, they will hold 100psi and take a lot of abuse since they are so thick) and filters,. I use 2 filters back to back on the tank outlet, so the tank acts as a water seperater, a straight fiber one into a carbon/fiber one . the fiber one catches any oils, particles or impurities that may get in and helps extend the life of the carbon/fiber one. on my deeper compressers, I use a stainless steel version of the canisters

Last edited:
heres some pics I just took of the filter canisters. the plastic ones are on one of my volume tanks, the stainless is on one of my compressors
air canisters plastic.jpgair canisters stainless.jpg

ETA: forgot to add that I drilled and tapped the bottom of the plastic canisters for a drain petcock to drain moisture

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back