Inpact mill,top photos

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.

Sam Burgin

May 10, 2008
Re: Inpact mill,top photo's

Nice lick Dave.

How about some details? Is the chain hardened? Is the chain a little shorter than the inside diameter of the impact box? Max size of input? Direct Drive?

I imagine there will be lots of interest in this mill Dave, even from those Alaska guys. ::)
Sam

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.

The chain he purchased in a 10 ft. length,don't know if it's hardened or not,but will last a very long time according to my friend.Haven't seen him to ask.Size of the rock depends on the feed size..this unit is for sampling/small production.Yes, the chain will not touch the sides.One could add a direct feed and a screw deal below to move the fines out of the unit,even into a blue bowl or such.A much larger unit can be made using a #100 chain.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006

G'day Dave, I like this. I can see I will have to have a go at making one. I have bucket loads of quartz that need dealing to but havnt got the gear to do it. Was going to get a chap to crush it up in an old 5 head stamper but would rather do it myself in a more controled way. This looks ideal. Thanks for the post & pics. I have pirated them. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.

Hello JW,life is all about reinvention,eh!....politics,religion,engineering,history,etc,etc. you'll love this type of portable unit.

buckaroo

Apr 9, 2007
California Gold Country

Dave,
This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for the pics. Just one question, how wide is the band that is welded to the side plates? It looks to be about 3.5 to 4 inches. Is that about right.

Thanks Dave

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.

Don't know the specs.The unit in the pics show a more advanced piece of equipment,with hardfaced plates inside and shackles instead of chain.My chain has already broken off one end link.you will notice the feed is zig-zagged and that will work better than mine as no rock will fly out the top.One should add some thin window insulation tape to the plate where it meets the housing to keep the dust in.Also where the motor shaft enters the housing a bushing /or some sort,perhaps a seal would be good to keep the fines in.We've added a clear plastic tube to the buckethead vac tube to suck out the fines.A hole in the lower housing is in the works to vac up the fines the unit is running.Any size unit could be made I guess.Do not feed this too quickly or with too big a piece of quartz as it will clog.Motor,feed size could be changed as can the whole unit be modified.Ask away your ???? Will answer what we can....Dave.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Nice Gold Dave! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: That is the first time I've seen a picture of you :)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hah!!I see our mill in there!!She is hungry Dave!!
That is a good pic of you and Chris,two legends right there guys!!!How do ya like that Dave?Legend.....its true!!! :laughing7:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Re: IMpact mill,top photo's

Very nice....

As for now, I'm just stockpiling massive chunks of mineralized quartz... They make awesome bookshelf displays and add a nice energy to the house.

It will almost be a shame to crush them for the gold when the time comes... until I see that final cleanup glitter :)

For now, I'll be crushing small samples, just to pan out and see what's there. In the future, I'm thinking about finding someone with a rock crusher and offering them a percentage to use. ANd in the far future, building my own..

Nice picture album :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread