Attention Dave Wisemen

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Yeah JW that was a good little forum.Too bad there weren't more people on it..and of course not having Jack Lang himself participate didn't help.Good to see your finding the nice yellow stuff.Are you doing any sampling of those reefs?A thought on detecting reefs..as I mentioned once on the Aussie Finders gold forum..people find nice species on,around or below these reefs,yet fail to soil sample the veins,stringers,hillsides where the nice species were found.Don't you think there would be much color around some of these reefs?/or gold three feet below now and then that's beyond the reach of a detector?Hass to be in my mind.Also,watching videos on youtube,these chaps find nice yellow species but never follow up with prospecting the stringers or general area.....Have been panning samples of late for a father and son team(Mike&Joe Darby)who have a gold and art works studio here in Angels Camp,Ca.Been teaching them the ropes of sampling quartz veins for gold,though I don't go out in the bush with them.Of course being there would be better and more informative for them,but my body dosen't allow much physical stuff these days,unless I could drive very close to an area.So far their finding small quartz gold specie and nice color.One of these days you'll post that reef gold pocket...Dave.

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
Is that their place downtown angels with the giant pan? I haven't talked to Joe in awhile but I used to be friends with him in high school. Man I wish I could do some more hard rock mining. I just have no idea where or how to look. There are a couple of guys here in Copper that do pretty well but are extremely secretive, not that I blame them.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
That's the spot,but you might mean Joe Darby.This is Mike's son Josiah..the're all cousins anyway.That would be McCarty finding the big gold around Copper.A fellow from Copper named Berne met me at Rodz grille in Angels to B.S. quartz vein gold sampling.Haven't seen him since.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
From what I heard lot's of people know where they go.Hope your bud isn't the fellow working at Carson Hill Rock(the old Carson Hill mining property).Sutton brothers own that ground.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunc said:
Is that their place downtown angels with the giant pan? I haven't talked to Joe in awhile but I used to be friends with him in high school. Man I wish I could do some more hard rock mining. I just have no idea where or how to look. There are a couple of guys here in Copper that do pretty well but are extremely secretive, not that I blame them.

Yea,not quite enough.....there house was broken into last year,they lost around 40 ounces!

Bring some of that rock up Dave and run it through your machine!Are they on the same vein you and I were on??

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
From what I heard lot's of people know where they go.Hope your bud isn't the fellow working at Carson Hill Rock(the old Carson Hill mining property).Sutton brothers own that ground.

And god help em if they catch them!!!

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
My buddy is actually nowhere near the mine. Way far away and on the other side of the road. Kuger are you talking about when Dick McCartys house was broken into? I didn't know it was that much.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Dunc,if the other side of the road is where the walnut trees are,that is the old Stevenot homestead and either belongs to Barden or the Sutton brothers.The big hill across from Carson hill is Chapparel hill and most of that is Sutton's also.Further down on the west side belongs to Jimmie Wilson and the Rasmussen family.Don't know of any open ground on the west or east side of Highway 49 from Carson hill to the lake.

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
I'm not 100% sure but he only went once with permission from the owner to take his daughter. It isn't what I thought as far as being able to work it. I know he is friends with jim wilson so that may be it. Either way he said it was allowed so I'm not worried about it.

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
It's also possible the guy is completely full of crap and just telling me this so I don't know where he is really going. We aren't really friends anyways, more acquaintances. I was just showing him how to classify his material more before panning. He might have just fed me bull to keep me there because it went from we can work this to "oh it was only one time".

Last time he found gold he told me he was tunneling under table mountain which I knew was B.S. from the gold he was showing me.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunc said:
They are secretive on some stuff but showing off their gold isn't something they are secretive about.
Yea,because they are trespassing!!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunc said:
I always figured McCarty had permission to be out there.

Far from it,my friend!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread