Insurance Company Pays Mans Settlement With $21,000 in Coins ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insurance Company Pays Man's Settlement With $21,000 in Coins ?

I'm not sure I believe this

Andres Carrasco reached a settlement with Adriana's Insurance Service, Inc. this past June following a lawsuit he filed in 2012 in which he alleged an employee of the company physically assaulted him. The company paid his settlement with a check but also, his attorney claims, in buckets of change that amount to more than $21,000.

Carrasco's attorney told NBC Los Angeles that eight Adriana's Insurance employees pulled up in a van to his office and unloaded multiple five-gallon buckets full of quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. Carrasco, 73, had just undergone surgery for a hernia, and was still too weak to lift any of the buckets of change. "Adriana's Insurance, is this the way you treat everyone?" Carrasco said in a statement. "Why don't you like your clients?"

Insurance Company Pays Man's Settlement With $21,000 in Coins

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whoa settle down there skippy
it is legal money no?
do you know the whole story? have you never dealt with someone who pushed you to want to do something like that?
I say good on ya Ins co.

PS anyone wanting to send me free buckets of coins, send em

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd certainly be checking that change :)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whoa settle down there skippy
it is legal money no?
do you know the whole story? have you never dealt with someone who pushed you to want to do something like that?
I say good on ya Ins co.

PS anyone wanting to send me free buckets of coins, send em

15 gallons on the way Jeff.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would be funny if there was a rare coin in that lot !!! :treasurechest:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A five gallon bucket will hold....

Pennies - $388.55
Nickles - $6,569.00
Dimes - $5,250.00
Quarters - $4,000.00

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I also believe that the Insurance Company's license should be revoked if the story is true! They are no better than any individual and should suffer similar consequences in the Court's eyes. To make the point, my old landlord (Tony, short for Anthony, a hot headed and bitter American Italian) when I move here had an old and rare Harley Davidson motorcycle that he was restoring. The paint and chrome work had been completed but it needed some repairs to the engine and whatnot that he could not do due to disabilities, so he took it to a Motorcycle Repair Shop that he was told was reliable. Well, reliable they were not and Tony had to track down the parts needed for the motorcycle, purchase the parts, have them shipped to him, then deliver the parts to the shop. After all he did, they botched the repairs and the motorcycle's engine was totally hosed and leaking oil. Well, Tony took them to court but they counter-sued and although Tony should have won in court, he did not because he was already disliked by the Courts for past Court appearances and antics and for the antics he pulled off during the Court appearances during the suit. Tony was hit with a repair bill of well over $3,000 and over $4,000 for Attorney's fees and fines. Tony drove hundreds of miles to every Bank that he could and got the entire settlement in Lincoln Memorial Cents and went and try to pay the settlement with it but the Repair Shop refused and the Courts hit Tony with another fine for Contempt of Court. If this happened to Tony, then why should an Insurance Company be any different. However, I feel that the Insurance Company should be held to a higher standard and the punishment by the Courts and/or Insurance Company Regulators, more severe!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread