Interchangable search Coil for Excalibur and Sovereing BBS detector model detectors

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I understand it correctly, you can modify any search coil for the Sovereign GT metal detector, and use it on any Excalibur Metal Detector, either by hardwiring it directly to the Excalibur or by adding waterproof connector(s) for the excalibur as they both use BBS technology.

As I hunt with both Excalibur and Sovereign detectors, I would like to be able to use the same coil on either model detector. Most likely, I will need a short cable with one end that will connect directly to the non water proof connector of the Sovereign and the other end that will connect to the water proof connector of the Excalibur.

The Sovereign will remain non water proof which is okay as I am trying to minimize the number of search coils that have to purchased and maintained.

Has anyone tried this and was successful in doing it?
?Or did this approach add to much resistance reducing Sovereign performance.

Most likely, it is better to just make the sovereign connector water proof, but this would void the warranty and make it more difficult to find someone who would/could repair it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone tried this and was successful in doing it?

Right now I can see this as being very possible, just a short adaptor for the sovereign to the IP68 connector. Then the IP68 connector on the Excalibur, be it the endcap type, which is the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread