Interesting Coin Roll Hunting Video

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting. I didn't know that some '71D and '77D (I think he said '77) were struck as silver coins. Guess I have to check for those now.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I too am going to be checking those other dates! Leave it to the veterans to know all the secrets lol!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Loves the video. That's why I like Youtube. So much neat information out there. Thanks for posting it.

Smiles and Hugs,
garoulady

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice, just what we need in Florida, CRHing seminars, so he's searching Brinks boxes putting them back in the rolls and then brining them back to the same bank from what I heard and teaching other people to do the same. Sorry but, I can't stand CRHing vids, granted, I did start this hobby all most a year ago from finding a CRHing vid by accident on Youtube, but still think people should stop making them IMO. HH, Maverick.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
What a waste of time that was. Guy doesn't appear to be a vet to me. Why does everyone feel the need to give all the sordid details to the masses? Why create more competition by making the info easily available? This is why I'm hitting it hard and fast, between dumb volume hunters who don't know how to properly pick up and dump along with people like this making videos to get thousands more interested, banks creating hard and firm policies for large coin orders/dumps, coin counters no longer accepting halves, etc, the hobby is not one that is long lived the way we currently know it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
What a waste of time that was. Guy doesn't appear to be a vet to me. Why does everyone feel the need to give all the sordid details to the masses? Why create more competition by making the info easily available? This is why I'm hitting it hard and fast, between dumb volume hunters who don't know how to properly pick up and dump along with people like this making videos to get thousands more interested, banks creating hard and firm policies for large coin orders/dumps, coin counters no longer accepting halves, etc, the hobby is not one that is long lived the way we currently know it.
We said that back in the late '70's too, when silver went crazy. We're still here. I do agree with most of your reply though.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We said that back in the late '70's too, when silver went crazy. We're still here. I do agree with most of your reply though.

This isn't the 1970's... companies are forced to squeeze a lot more profits out now, and they really watch the bottom line. My orders will cost banks $7,500 this year, at a minimum. It's an easy cost to cut that affects very few people.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maverick said:
Nice, just what we need in Florida, CRHing seminars, so he's searching Brinks boxes putting them back in the rolls and then brining them back to the same bank from what I heard and teaching other people to do the same. Sorry but, I can't stand CRHing vids, granted, I did start this hobby all most a year ago from finding a CRHing vid by accident on Youtube, but still think people should stop making them IMO. HH, Maverick.

What we need to do whenever we see some metal detectorists trying to expose our hobby is do a fundraiser and give away 100 metal detectors in their area & tell the people to have at those beaches - there are millions of gold rings waiting for them in that sand!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What we need to do whenever we see some metal detectorists trying to expose our hobby is do a fundraiser and give away 100 metal detectors in their area & tell the people to have at those beaches - there are millions of gold rings waiting for them in that sand!

You can't hear me, but I'm laughing pretty hard right BB, thats a good one! HH, Maverick.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This isn't the 1970's... companies are forced to squeeze a lot more profits out now, and they really watch the bottom line. My orders will cost banks $7,500 this year, at a minimum. It's an easy cost to cut that affects very few people.
Good point bigscores...one that I overlooked...my advice to you, to avoid those costs, would be to cut back on your orders... Waaay back! [smiley face].

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point bigscores...one that I overlooked...my advice to you, to avoid those costs, would be to cut back on your orders... Waaay back! [smiley face].

Or spread it around as much as I can, which is what I'm doing.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha too funny!! :hello2:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I was appalled when I first saw this video, but quickly realized the speaker had no malice, and likely did not expect this to be seen outside of the meeting - if he did, surely he would have done a better job! I suspect this was a an experienced MD'er who was a CRH'ing amateur sharing his techniques with his fellow MD'ers, most if not all of whom would prefer MD'ing. Too bad it made it onto Youtube, but it's so dry and boring I can't imagine it's going to be generating millions of hits. It's now up to, what, 232 views? There are so many more CRH videos out there, this isn't worth getting wrought up over, unless perhaps you live in or near Sanford.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
bigscores said:

Exactly what I was going to reply with until I scrolled down and saw you had done so already.

I spread my dumps and
Pick ups around to the max to avoid overloading any one bank/branch. It requires extra planning and a lot
More work on my part, but well worth it so I nd others can carry on with the enjoyment/reward of this great hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread