FYI.... Easy IS Gone

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't say I didn't see it comin. Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that guy was all over the place. Always looking to be mad and disagree/argue or whatever, even when people were trying to help him. Cant fix...well... Some things cant be fixed.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, and he burned all bridges on the way out the door too...

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I saw his posts this morning. That dude lost it!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heaven or Hell?

:dontknow: I have never read a post by Easy, nor do I particularly care to.
But banned forever seems rather strong.

Situations change, times change, viewpoints change - as I have survivor bias, it is often the next morning and viewpoints change. Even some people change. Sometimes mistakes are made for lack of knowledge or there is an error in judgment which can easily be corrected without banishment - which I believe should be a last resort after informing the member what he did wrong and multiple warnings - such as three steps and you are out.

I believe there should be some way of making atones to get back in.

As absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is a line ( I don't know if it is narrow or large) between treasure hunter's heaven (where we are free to express our selfs about what we think is important) and moderators hell (where everything that is not liked is censored).

Which brings the question " Who moderates the Moderators?

Also, it would be interesting to know how one becomes a moderator, what a moderators responsibilities are. Is it an honorary position, paid position or both?

As I am new to Forums, I am clueless but fasinated as to how they work.

I want you to know that I found your replies and postings especially informative and helpful.

:thumbsup:Sir Gala Clad salutes you and thanks all Treasure Net Moderators for your efforts.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot blame the moderators. The way I look at it they are here keeping the peace I have come across some A$$holes in my past I just ignored them. When you start attacking the ones that keep the peace on here you need to be banned I don't know him, HH everyone ..

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Agreed with the sentiments above. He needed to be gone. It was almost like he was looking for a fight everytime he posted. I think the mods have done a good job cleaning up lately. I feel that this board could be a solid crhing community if we just get rid of the troublemakers.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya he seemed like a loose cannon to me, adios!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh darn! I'm sooo upset. He could not have possible deserved this. What will we all do now...?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: I have never read a post by Easy, nor do I particularly care to.
But banned forever seems rather strong.

Situations change, times change, viewpoints change - as I have survivor bias, it is often the next morning and viewpoints change. Even some people change. Sometimes mistakes are made for lack of knowledge or there is an error in judgment which can easily be corrected without banishment - which I believe should be a last resort after informing the member what he did wrong and multiple warnings - such as three steps and you are out.

I believe there should be some way of making atones to get back in.

As absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is a line ( I don't know if it is narrow or large) between treasure hunter's heaven (where we are free to express our selfs about what we think is important) and moderators hell (where everything that is not liked is censored).

Which brings the question " Who moderates the Moderators?

Also, it would be interesting to know how one becomes a moderator, what a moderators responsibilities are. Is it an honorary position, paid position or both?

As I am new to Forums, I am clueless but fasinated as to how they work.

I want you to know that I found your replies and postings especially informative and helpful.

:thumbsup:Sir Gala Clad salutes you and thanks all Treasure Net Moderators for your efforts.

Who moderates the moderators, that is simple the other modrators do and the admins do, remember admins are who we report to....Any of the other moderators can reverse a timeout or ban I personally have made.........(By the way I didn't ban Easy, another moderator did, but if I had found the thread I would have banned him just as fast as well.)

It seems many don't even take the time to read our rules.....

Part of the rules state.........

"Respect our moderators. Our moderators are tasked with keeping TreasureNet family friendly, on topic, and civil. Not always an easy task. Insults, and personal attacks against our moderators will not be tolerated and may be grounds for account deletion and banning."

"
You may not... Insult moderators, or denigrate the duties they perform.”

A member can become a moderator only by being asked by the admins, it is not a position a member can apply for and their is no pay, we do it because we care about TN......

Members are free to express theirselves about what they think is important within the
guidelines and rules set forth by the owners of TN and the admins, and remember TreasureNet is a privately owned forum with public access....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter,

My 2 cents for what it's worth...kudos to you and the other moderators and admins to try and keep peace on the forum.

I'm involved in admin on another forum and it's not always easy playing King Solomon and keeping things on an even keel.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread