Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Stocky said the poorest American kids have an obesity problem? Is the dirt they must be having to eat that nutritious?

Healthy food is expensive. That is why the poor tend towards obese. Burger king Value meal fills a family for ten dollars. Can't even get a salad for a family for ten dollars at the grocer.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Healthy food is expensive. That is why the poor tend towards obese. Burger king Value meal fills a family for ten dollars. Can't even get a salad for a family for ten dollars at the grocer.

So.... they could get more calories for less money? If they were really poor wouldn't this be a good thing?

Before we go into the "empty calorie" theory I have to ask, if you can gain weight with empty calories can you still work with a stomach full of empty calories?

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock- You must be talking about third world countries. There are no truely poor in the USA. When you can go to a fast food place where you can buy a cheeseburger for a dollar and it has half of your daily caloric intake, I do believe the poor are not starving.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stock- You must be talking about third world countries. There are no truely poor in the USA. When you can go to a fast food place where you can buy a cheeseburger for a dollar and it has half of your daily caloric intake, I do believe the poor are not starving.

Yes, in this country the "poor" prob still has a phone, tv, etc. but there is a very big diff between eating and eating healthy.

Personally I believe every child in this country deserves the god given right to achieve all they can regardless of whether they are born into a poor or a rich family. I do not believe children should be penalized for their parents. I believe this is in the best interest of our country.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, in this country the "poor" prob still has a phone, tv, etc. but there is a very big diff between eating and eating healthy.

Personally I believe every child in this country deserves the god given right to achieve all they can regardless of whether they are born into a poor or a rich family. I do not believe children should be penalized for their parents. I believe this is in the best interest of our country.
I also believe this. And this country proves that it happens every day here, all you have to do is apply yourself. You must be talking about Venezuela, maybe North Korea?

or maybe you are stuck in a time warp? If you were a farmer in the old world your children and then their children would also be farmers. How old did you say you were?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also believe this. And this country proves that it happens every day here, all you have to do is apply yourself. You must be talking about Venezuela, maybe North Korea?

or maybe you are stuck in a time warp? If you were a farmer in the old world your children and then their children would also be farmers. How old did you say you were?

So everyone has an equal opportunity? All one needs to do is apply oneself? I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

How old am I? Not sure what that has to do with anything but I am 43 if you would like to know. And your age?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell us what Pres Obamas mom and dad did to make him suffer so on his third vacation of this year?

Maybe what Bill Gates parents did to him.

Please tell us all you know about George Soros and why he was penalized once he came to America becuase of his parents?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you tell us what Pres Obamas mom and dad did to make him suffer so on his third vacation of this year?

Maybe what Bill Gates parents did to him.

Please tell us all you know about George Soros and why he was penalized once he came to America becuase of his parents?

Funny how everything comes back to Obama?? Is that what this is all about is that your mad at Obama?

When talking about an entire country's population what do you think is the value of mentioning 3 examples? As you are hopefully aware we call this anecdotal evidence and it has no value in proving a point.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how everything comes back to Obama?? Is that what this is all about is that your mad at Obama?

When talking about an entire country's population what do you think is the value of mentioning 3 examples? As you are hopefully aware we call this anecdotal evidence and it has no value in proving a point.

Factually I can provide you with millions of anecdotal evidence scenarios because of this country that will have no bearings on your understanding... yes, I think 3 is just as good for you.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Factually I can provide you with millions of anecdotal evidence scenarios because of this country that will have no bearings on your understanding... yes, I think 3 is just as good for you.

Millions? Wow that's a lot. But in the end its all about Obama right?it really gets your goat that this guy is prez doesn't it?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Millions? Wow that's a lot. But in the end its all about Obama right?it really gets your goat that this guy is prez doesn't it?

And I guess it works you up that I don't care, huh, Republican?

What I see is you caving to real evidence, you have no opinion except what you have been force fed, and it all crashes around you if you allow facts into your little domicile. Really, go look at history, get a couple of books on current events, do a little research before you speak about how evil this country has been to you and the citizens in it.

I have heard you say you are well payed for what you do. I guess that job was given to you because of crony capitalism? You should quit that job and go work to find another one,, you would appreciate it more if you got it on your own.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What I see is you caving to real evidence, you have no opinion except what you have been force fed, and it all crashes around you if you allow facts into your little domicile. Really, go look at history, get a couple of books on current events, do a little research before you speak about how evil this country has been to you and the citizens in it.

I have heard you say you are well payed for what you do. I guess that job was given to you because of crony capitalism? You should quit that job and go work to find another one,, you would appreciate it more if you got it on your own.

Who is saying this country is evil? I certainly never did. I believe this is absolutely the greatest country n the world. You are obviously Confusing me with the gang that is always posting how the government is out to strip everyones rights and stick everyone in a fema Camp. Or that our government is like the nazis. I'm in the "government is not sticking us all in FEMA camps" group. You should join us as we are the ones who believe the country is not evil and trying to do us all in. Talk to crispin, he runs the group. I'm sure you would be welcomed with open arms.

And you are exactly right. I left my very high paying job at 42 to spend lots of time with my kids, pursuing health and happiness and helping those less fortunate.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And actually I still thank my parents all the time for raising me in a loving family that gave me the opportunity to succeed. Where you end up often has an awful lot to do with where you start.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And actually I still thank my parents all the time for raising me in a loving family that gave me the opportunity to succeed. Where you end up often has an awful lot to do with where you start.

And as it turns out, it very often does not too.

But good luck in your endeavors, sorry to hear about your health. Keep your family close, it is our most precious asset.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And as it turns out, it very often does not too.

But good luck in your endeavors, sorry to hear about your health. Keep your family close, it is our most precious asset.

Health is better than ever and that's the way I wanted to keep it. All the money in the world won't do you any good without good health. Too many people in my old profession kick the bucket early from stress.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This has sure ended up a long way from what I asked. Didn't ask anything about poverty or 3rd world. Asked if overseas trouble is coming here, and what happens to direct deposit if bands are shut down. Didn't intend to start a fight, just have some questions that I don't have the answers to, but I'm thinking about taking my money out of the bank. It's not collecting much interest to keep up with inflation or the deflated dollar, and there's not enough to do any good in the stock market so I might as well have it at home in case I need it.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry, you are right Bosn. I do not have the direct answers but in short. Theoretically your account is fdic insured to 250K now I think?

Now, if your bank has a problem will that help you while they are closed, no.
Bernanke shows no sign of allowing High interest rates until it is either going to be too late, or by some miracle all of our countries debts are forgiven. So, as you said, no interest on your savings.

I am with Red on this point. keep enough in there for auto payments. Keep your acct for incoming payments.

Never rely on the bank being open for your immediate needs.

Then again, I may be a little more cautious than most, My opinion may not account for much.

And sir, thank you for your service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread