Interesting day and 3 firsts!!!

jeepcj5

Jan 12, 2011
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
Etrac, xterra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started out heading up to a little town called Gold Run and along the way next to the railroad tracks there looked to be an old campground of sorts, like for trailers there were remnants of cement pads and water / electrical hook-ups... I thought to myself "man this is gonna be awesome" well it was very trashy and I found 1 wheat right off the bat 47d, my confidence was getting pretty high...

As I crept along not getting many signals, I ended my line and I came to what must have been a pretty big fire, lots of nails, a little bit of charred wood and tons of tar like material at the corner of this is where I found the "BLOB", this thing hit me so hard and high it about blew my sunrays off... solid 12-47 360 deg around it I was thinking WOOHOO first silver quarter, as I stuck the lesche into the gravel/clay mixture it was hard digging but at about 2-3 inches I get this grey blob of melted SOMETHING it was dirty with the red clay but not a bit of rust, I scratched it with the lesche and it looked to be silver.

Didn’t find much else of interest so I headed down the hill to a little town called Loomis where I needed to pick up a PC for repairs. After picking up the PC the old court house has been converted into an American Legion hall and not a soul there to ask for permission I figured I’m as American as they come so I hit the tiny little front yard and found three firsts!!!

First up a Mexican 1 centavo piece with a hole, 1960 it hit me 14-38 I was certain it was an Indian at an honest 7 inches was a little disappointed it wasn’t as the Indian head penny is one of my fav coins, but this was pretty kewl. Walked a few more feet and BAM killer D E E P silver sound and was hoping for a barber (as y’all know I’ve yet to find my first barber) turns out to be a pretty good shape 44d Merc with a little scar on her face (not my doing, I would NEVER harm lady liberty) she was deep an honest 8-9 inches..

Second first was the Boy Scout neckerchief slide; only thing I could find on it was vintage??? Brass and pretty shallow 4 inched, hit me all kinda weird sounds and numbers, but was a solid signal…

Third was my first US dollar coin under a little scrub it banged at 12-46-47 loud and clear was hoping yet again for a first silver quarter but after 4-5 inched out popped a Sacajawea dollar coin 2000d Pretty kewl to find my first dollar coin even tho it wasn’t silver, so all in all it was a pretty good hunt!!! Ya know every time out the ET amazes me that 1 centavo coins is A LOT smaller than a dime and the ET banged it at 7 inched amazing…

Ok so now I’m home and cleaning my finds, I get everything washed and dried but the BLOB was refusing to let go of all the red clay most of it was gone and the BLOB was a dull grayish color so off to the polishing/grinding bench we went… I first hit it lightly with a wire wheel and low and behold it was a pretty bright silver color, now mind you this BLOB is NOT lead, too hard and large for solder to soft and one single color for slag I think it is possibly a melted spoon, it is pretty heavy for its size I’m guessing 1 1/2 – 2 oz. my scale is for gun powder and doesn’t go that high. So after I lightly hit it with the wire wheel I move on over to the polishing wheel and she looks like a mirror with a little jewelers rouge, I think I’m gonna take it somewhere to have it tested it’s pretty kewl… what do you guys think??? Ohh and sorry for the L O N G post but was a pretty interesting day…

Attachments

• 22 Jul Finds.JPG
    22 Jul Finds.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 44d Merc.JPG
    44d Merc.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 1 Centavo holed.JPG
    1 Centavo holed.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 308
  • BoyScout Slide.JPG
    BoyScout Slide.JPG