Interesting find today, old button

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I am getting more adept with my Minelab Sovereign and had a couple of hours to burn this morning. I found a patch of ground that was almost completely thawed out in a small park along side a dam here in MA. I was hunting with a 8" coil in all AM looking for deep, just over the threshold targets. When I hit this button it didn't seem all that deep, I thought it was a penny at around 5" since I have dug many at this site. It sounded "round" in AM sweeping from multiple directions. My meter ID'd it at 475-500 varying like pulltabs that are shallow do so I almost didn't dig it.
Long story short at 8" I came up with the button.
Now I have to go back and recheck the areas where I passed on these type of targets.
I'd normally dig all signals that even come close to a higher tone, but it's a real pain digging through the 5" of frost.

Anyone have any idea on the particulars of a button such as this? I'm not sure what kind of metal it is but it doesn't stick to a magnet. One small area on the face appears more weathered than it's surroundings leading me to believe it has been plated? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
It measures 1" across.

Thanks

Attachments

• button_top_resize.JPG
    button_top_resize.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 147
  • btton_bottom_resize.JPG
    btton_bottom_resize.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 147

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread