OP
PMike

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
Thanks Jeff,

I have spent hours looking for these things online and could not find them. Funny thing is I recall having seen them a few years ago in a hardware store, but can't recall which one....may have even been Lowes, but if so, they don't have them now.

Thanks & God Bless,
Mike

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a Good Will or second hand store and buy a pair of aluminum crutches and you should get at pair and then recycle the metal.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFXoholic said:
Go to a Good Will or second hand store and buy a pair of aluminum crutches and you should get at pair and then recycle the metal.

Bad idea. Please don't destroy a pair of crutches that a poor person might need and can't afford to buy at a medical supply store, just to get a couple of lousy clips.

I've seen those clips in a hardware store, also. I think it was in an Ace Hardware. There were only 2 hardware stores in my small hometown; an Ace and a local mom and pop type. The long lived mom and pop store was bought out and mismanaged and now out of business. The Ace is the only one left. You'll find many specialty fasteners of different designs in small pullout drawere in the screw, nut, and bolt section.

If nothing else, try contacting a detector manufacturer and ask them to sell you some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread