jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Note: This question is intended for folks who have actual experience with international shipping on ebay, please.

How do you handle (or how should you handle) international shipping on ebay?

For example, if I wanted to sell something to someone who lived in the UK. Let's assume I don't want to use the Global Shipping Program.

How do you send the item via USPS and still provide the required tracking number?

There has to be something I am missing because it seems like an impossible task.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do postage thru Ebay, so the tracking number is automatically uploaded to your sold listing.
If you do it thru Paypal, it takes a while.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I do postage thru Ebay, so the tracking number is automatically uploaded to your sold listing.
If you do it thru Paypal, it takes a while.

I understand how to upload the tracking number. That was not my question.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
So far I've only lost one sale due to Global shipping. The item was worth less than the cost to ship. Believe it or not it really protects the shipper. So I grit my teeth and send the buyer a note saying I have very little control over the shipping and hope they hang on. 99% of the time they do.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use ebay labels (not global shipping). Default is usps international. Runs about $9.00 for a 3oz to most locations. Tracking is notbavailable but there us electronic delivery confirmation, which ebay and paypal both honor. It is not available everywhere but works very well in UK, CANADA, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA. we ship around 25 international packages per week and have not had any issues in excess of what we experience domestically. The tracking number and e-confirmation arebautomatically uploaded to ebay when you use ebays labels.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No actual experience lately but I did find this- 252 Eligibility

252.21 Description

Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International service – abbreviated E-USPS DELCON INTL – is an optional service available for First-Class Package International Service items to select destination countries at no charge. Tracking information includes the date and time an article was delivered or, if delivery was attempted but not completed, the date and time of the delivery attempt. The sender can check delivery status by going to usps.com and clicking on the “Track & Confirm” feature.
252.22 Availability

Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International service is available only electronically by using USPS-approved PC Postage vendors, Click-N-Ship, a USPS meter label solution, Webtools, and Global Shipping Software (GSS) or other USPS-approved software. The service is available only to the countries listed in Exhibit 252.22:

Exhibit 252.22
Countries Accepting Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service
Note: An asterisk indicates that service was temporarily suspended on June 12, 2014.

Australia
Belgium
Brazil*
Canada
Croatia
Denmark*
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar*
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Hungary
Israel
Italy*
Latvia
Lebanon
Lithuania
Luxembourg*
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal*
Singapore
Slovak Republic
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
We use ebay labels (not global shipping). Default is usps international. Runs about $9.00 for a 3oz to most locations. Tracking is notbavailable but there us electronic delivery confirmation, which ebay and paypal both honor. It is not available everywhere but works very well in UK, CANADA, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA. we ship around 25 international packages per week and have not had any issues in excess of what we experience domestically. The tracking number and e-confirmation arebautomatically uploaded to ebay when you use ebays labels.

What do I specifically ask for at the PO to use this service? My PO told me that tracking was simply not available.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do I specifically ask for at the PO to use this service? My PO told me that tracking was simply not available.

What I would do, just in case you have not done so yet. I would print what the link Diggum posted and take it to the PO, give it to the clerk and say This is what I want to do, how do I do it? The clerk may not know and have to call the manager for help.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not sure. Our system uses ebays postage product and labels. We use endicia for all non-ebay but i dont know if it has econfirmatiin. I'll ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread