PO boxes?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had one for three years now. It's convenient across the street from where I live. And being that I sell gold and silver and coins rather often I thought it would be smart to have a PO Box. In fact an older gentleman who sells coin's for a living told me it's smarter to have one because if someone local where to buy something then it shows your return address and just sets the possibility for a possible break-in by showing stuff on your site for sale. It's kind of expensive mines $200 for the year. I don't have to worry about my pothead neighbor taking stuff out of my mailbox. Not that it has happened but I don't want to encourage it either. Also it gives me the ability to buy stuff and not have my wife see it when it comes to the house. [emoji11]

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get a small PO box and someone returns a bigger item than the box won't they just hold it some where else? I haven't sold anything on Ebay before and I need to start getting rid of some stuff!

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
po box

I have had a P.O. Box for some years to keep people from stealing from my regular box. Yes it costs some from a private company but they will hold larger packages for you to pick up. USPS people sometimes cannot read english it seems as they put other peoples mail into my box. I wonder where my mail is going ? Grey

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is at a UPS package and send store. So if it doesn't fit in the box which 98% of the packages I get don't they just have a storage shelf right by there that they hold stuff on. Our post office here is slammed all the time so if I have a big purchase I would probably have to wait in line for an hour just to get it. Being at the UPS store I can walk in and come right back out and be done within two or three minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread