IO Blowers

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gas motors will not have the torque and blowing power of diesel, but will still work. IO wont work as efficient as inboard because of the exhaust mixed with the propwash, and smaller props, but it will work.

OP
OP
S

sailboatlarry

Aug 12, 2011
stevemc said:
Gas motors will not have the torque and blowing power of diesel, but will still work. IO wont work as efficient as inboard because of the exhaust mixed with the propwash, and smaller props, but it will work.

Thanks Steve. That is kinda what I thought. It is still a nice boat to dive from. I really want a diesel boat anyway. Just looking for enough reasons to convince momma into letting me get another boat.

Larry

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you want to take a shortcut and just buy something that will surely blow a hole in the sand you could just buy this boat I ran across while looking for something much much cheaper on Craigslist. :)
Diesel engines and blowers premounted. Just seeing the ad on Craigslist made me go buy a lottery ticket just in case "today's the day".
I have no knowledge of this vessel and no financial interest in it. (darn it)
Note: This link will expire at some point.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/2496769465.html

OP
OP
S

sailboatlarry

Aug 12, 2011
ropesfish said:
If you want to take a shortcut and just buy something that will surely blow a hole in the sand you could just buy this boat I ran across while looking for something much much cheaper on Craigslist. :)
Diesel engines and blowers premounted. Just seeing the ad on Craigslist made me go buy a lottery ticket just in case "today's the day".
I have no knowledge of this vessel and no financial interest in it. (darn it)
Note: This link will expire at some point.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/2496769465.html
I believe that boat is docked in downtown Fort Myers. Sailed past it several times on my way up to the glades boatyard. It may be a bit larger then what I want. But what a dream :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread