Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IRISHTOWN[1853-1880] "LEPRECHAUN"S POT OF ......"

Hi everyone,This morning i had to go to the mover shop to get new blades for the mover.The mover shop is located in Bridge Street and between 1853 to 1880 the irish gold miners had their camp here on the tail end of the Bendigo creek.There no sign of the camp as the whole area has been replaced with modern buildings .I did notice that on the service road behind the mover shop and some road works had just started and went about aquiring the new blades.After that i went for a look and that a bit of a swing,after about an hour, got a soft beep and started to dig.Dig and dig and dig i did.At about 10 inches i found this small brass bowl and i started to think about the irish and pots of gold.yes i let my imagination get the better of me.Gee when i got the bowl out of the ground,it was quite heavy and raced home to see what was i it besides dirt.Quess what ,dirt was all that was in it. :( :( :( All the same nice to go home with something and real nice day too.

t.p

Attachments

• pot of ..........001.jpg
    pot of ..........001.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 607
  • pot of ..........002.jpg
    pot of ..........002.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 613
  • pot of ..........003.jpg
    pot of ..........003.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: IRISHTOWN[1853-1880] "LEPRECHAUN"S POT OF ......"

Tinpan...see what you;ve started with your pot?? ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL, Just pot LUCK :P :P :P

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's an awesome find TP, nice piece of history and thanks for the post! HH, Mike

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi huggie,We have not watered lawns here for months and the only thing that green are the spring weeds.Still better to enjoy the green weeds ,as soon there will only be dust bowls.I won,t have to mow then. ;D ;D ;D Most of the smaller public pools closed this summer and alot of the local summer grass sports not happening either.New sport dust slidding. lol :P :P :P

drypan ;D ;D ;D

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never sell anything to a kangaroo - even their cheques bounce.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Congratulations. LoL Gypsy sing to the Leprechauns. Please tell me if it works Tinpan. If it does then my wailing and howling that occurs when I attempt to have something musical come out of my mouth, should produce some Leprechauns gold and probably many other prizes just to shut me up.

That is an interesting find. Can't wait to see it cleaned up as well.

Rev

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

When I was 5, somehow I had already heard of "Pot o' Gold At The End Of The Rainbow".
There was a park several miles from my home that my mom would take me to occasionally.

One day, playing in the backyard, I saw a massive rainbow. It appeared that the end of it landed in the park.
So I decided to walk to the park. I knew the general direction, but was not entirely sure of the exact location or how to get there.

Long story short, walked by a house a mile or so away from mine (and still about a mile and a half from the park) where some kids were playing in the front yard. Nothing sidetracks a kid like playing with other kids haha.
The kids mom came out and asked me stuff like "Where do you live?" and "What are your parents name"? She musta gone inside and looked in the phone book, as 10 minutes later there is my Dad standing there.

We went home.

I got a serious (for a 5-year-old) spanking.

As far as I know that pot o' gold is still there...
;)

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland

LOL, I had a similar experience when I was a child. I didn't learn though and |I've been chasing rainbows ever since. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread