Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heads up, all!

I posted this in the general discussion, but wanted to heads up all down here, also.

Yesterday my neighbor received a phone call from someone saying they were the IRS and she owed money.

Today, at 830am, my phone rings, there is a bad recorded message, stating to call back an agent with a phone number.
When I called back, the man asked for my name and case number. I advised him, the recording left no case number, PLUS, how do I know, I am actually talking with the IRS at a 415 area code?
HE HUNG UP ON ME!

So watch out folks! The two telephone numbers that was left with me and my neighbor are:

415-234-9740 and 216-539-4817

If any one you in Law enforcement can please pass this info on to cyber crimes, it would be much appreciated, as the IRS fraud voice mail is full, and I have to go to work. My neighbor tryied to report it yesterday and she wasted half a day on the phone and still got no where. I'd call the local police...... I'm sure they have bigger worries.
Who's policing this stuff? And, everybody be aware and be careful.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/442113-irs-impersonator-scam.html

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heads up, all!

I posted this in the general discussion, but wanted to heads up all down here, also.

Yesterday my neighbor received a phone call from someone saying they were the IRS and she owed money.

Today, at 830am, my phone rings, there is a bad recorded message, stating to call back an agent with a phone number.
When I called back, the man asked for my name and case number. I advised him, the recording left no case number, PLUS, how do I know, I am actually talking with the IRS at a 415 area code?
HE HUNG UP ON ME!

So watch out folks! The two telephone numbers that was left with me and my neighbor are:

415-234-9740 and 216-539-4817

If any one you in Law enforcement can please pass this info on to cyber crimes, it would be much appreciated, as the IRS fraud voice mail is full, and I have to go to work. My neighbor tryied to report it yesterday and she wasted half a day on the phone and still got no where. I'd call the local police...... I'm sure they have bigger worries.
Who's policing this stuff? And, everybody be aware and be careful.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/442113-irs-impersonator-scam.html

So long as they pay the IRS taxes on their income, they don't care.

Cops strangle citizens (and no one needs to try to tell me not to believe what I saw) and aren't prosecuted - not polyticks, but Current Events.

Most "malware" should be classified by law as viruses and prosecuted but since they are created by "businesses" who pay taxes on their income, no one cares.

Besides, it's kinda like double dipping. You pay taxes on your income, the crooks pay taxes on your income, the IRS is happy.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So long as they pay the IRS taxes on their income, they don't care.

Cops strangle citizens (and no one needs to try to tell me not to believe what I saw) and aren't prosecuted - not polyticks, but Current Events.

Most "malware" should be classified by law as viruses and prosecuted but since they are created by "businesses" who pay taxes on their income, no one cares.

Besides, it's kinda like double dipping. You pay taxes on your income, the crooks pay taxes on your income, the IRS is happy.
Huh, wut? ???

With your expertise, I woulda figured you to be right on it, cross referencing, skip tracing down, etc..... :laughing7:

I did talk to a very nice dispatcher in Marin cty, took all the info, said they are investigating, but the numbers are untraceable, through another number, that then kicks out to overseas....... so they are having a tough time..... :BangHead:

Chad, what happened buddy? Not gonna let your perceiving something, cloud your better outlooks, that I know you have, are you?
We all know, what we are seeing does not match up with the way we want it, in many cases.
Tough thing running stuff through that judgement system(rhakma), for those who are in error(dagle).....
My Aramaic is very basic and may be faulty, mea culpa.....
peace......

eta: the phone just rang a 3rd time, with their recording. joy oh joy

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Me? I'm just a ray of caustic sunshine lately!

Want to have some fun? Call the number (of course, *69 first) and identify yourself as Lois Lerner, head butt kicker at the IRS (well, I thought it sounded funny :dontknow: ) and ask to speak to his/her supervisor because someone is going to be arrested for being so stupid as to call the boss at the IRS.*

* Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer or legal expert outside of my field, but I love a good phone prank. In fact, I may call those numbers from my VOIP account this evening just for s***s and giggles.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
* Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer or legal expert outside of my field, but I love a good phone prank. In fact, I may call those numbers from my VOIP account this evening just for s***s and giggles.
DO IT CHAD! :laughing7: Do it!
I double dog dare you to do it! :laughing7:
I called them back, they keep hanging up on me! :laughing7: Guess they "got my number" :laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one call me about 6 months ago. He told me I owed money and needed to be in court the following Monday if I didn't pay up beforehand. When I told him to tell me what my social security number was and he couldn't, I told him he could do me a sexual favor and he hung up. Go figure. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread