Is anyone a member of Weekend Gold Miners

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
I have been a member for almost 10 years.This is a club with properties that have a lot of mining history and gold.The members are very helpfull and very friendly.

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
digrdug---have you found any good size nuggets on their properties? do you metal detect or dredge? thanks JOHN

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
John Doe,I dredge for gold on the etowah river property and the testenee.Yes i have found some nice nuggets and lots of smaller gold.It takes alot of years and hard work to find big nuggets,but some are more lucky then others and find a nugget right of the bat when they start prospecting for gold.

Oct 19, 2008
digrdug said:
I have been a member for almost 10 years.This is a club with properties that have a lot of mining history and gold.The members are very helpfull and very friendly.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm joining next month, when I can finally afford my White's MXT-300 and hope to have some good results. I'm a writer that's taking a year's hiatus to learn the trade and prospect full-time, 40 to 60 hours per week, using the latest equipment and tools to help me zero-in on real targets that will hopefully allow us to dig only when it's really necessary. After the year is up, we will have a daily diary, the results of each day, and a gold map that will begin to emerge of some of the places that many people don't bother to investigate. The creeks constantly replenish themselves, and while you have to get in front of a few dams and reservoirs, there is "still plenty of gold in them thar' hills!" Unless I can enlist the help of one of my sons, I'll be looking for a partner in a very few months - or weeks.

Bill

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
digrdug said:
It takes alot of years and hard work to find big nuggets,but some are more lucky then others and find a nugget right of the bat when they start prospecting for gold.

I'm a member too. You got that right digrdug! Most of the easy stuff was vacuumed up long ago. For anyone new, don't set your expectations high. Metal detecting nuggets up there will almost certainly be a disappointment. I would say you need to use a highbanker or suction dredge to make any worthwhile finds. You will still need lots of luck on your side. Stan

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Mr. Pepper and I plan to join soon. We have a highbanker and dredge. Does anyone know if gem stones are found in the areas?

OP
OP
E

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx guys. I've been a member for a few years.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Pepper, The only thing I have come across are garnets, All shapes and sizes. At a couple of GPAA gatherings at Loud Mine in Cleveland, we came across some ruby and amethyst but it was pretty deep in the decomposed bedrock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread