jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh there is Treasure on Oak Island. I have No Doubt.

But all you need is a Metal Detector to find it,
one coin/relic at a time..Just search the Home Sites.

and perhaps a cache from a resident, visitor or scammer over the years.

But not Hid or Lost by a Group From a Novel, who if they Ever really Existed,
Would have been too afraid of sailing off the ends of the Earth into the Mouth of a Kracken, To dare sailing to Oak Island.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea That's Why I Lasted as Long as I did.

But they used the Word Knights Templars Way Too Many Times.

When I hear Knights Templars I think B.S.

The batteries are still good in your BS meter.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do think any place can be interesting if PLANTED PROPERLY !!!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to get paid to travel and look for treasure, but I wouldn't want to take part in a bunch of scripted fakery or swinging from trees like a moron.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to get paid to travel and look for treasure, but I wouldn't want to take part in a bunch of scripted fakery or swinging from trees like a moron.

I Do Miss "Diggers" :laughing7:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll swing from trees like a moron while I do the rent money dance if it'll pass the time.

I draw the line at ayahuasca though, no freaking way am I messing with that!

Again.:laughing7:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've made it a drinking game! Every time they say Templar or Templars I shake a tot and then I gull a sweater n plib too hakeeeeeeeeee jsidshcxxxxxx............ 😵

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried doing a shot of Jim Beam every time the narrator said something stupid.

When I woke up three days later in the hospital the nice doctor said they may be able to salvage my liver.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all the money they spent on heavy drilling equipment and all the damage the might have done they could of dug up the whole freaking island 160' deep with a pair of backhoes and a couple of dump trucks.

Then run it all through Sluicifer. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this piece of wood be part a possible passage to the money vault? Is this piece of led linked to the knights Templar? They have made so much money on speculation they can now drill the whole island to pieces.
What pirate makes a treasure vault that they can even get back in to? I hate that show.Lol

Last edited:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never watched it. I don't watch any of them because I don't have cable tv. We used to have cable tv but they pissed me off. They give you the monthly price for cable, but every month, there is a new fee for something else. It's only three dollars but in 4 or 5 months, it was becoming rediculous. We started out at $29.00. each month it went up $3.00. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36$ $36.00 + $29.00 =$65.00. If we had kept it up, I would now be paying $136 thousand dollars a month for cable. Why? So I can watch Oak Island, a show I know is all crap anyway? After I cancelled my subscription they came around a few times trying to get me to sign up again. I explained it to them but all I got was a blank stare. I stepped out on the porch and just pointed towards the street. Another blank stare. I then told him in a medium to loud voice, "GO!!!!" No blank stare. Now we have ROKU and life is good. I can watch The Andy Griffith Show all day if I want. Aunt be is the hottest, sexiest woman ever to grace the airwaves. I am content.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the show only because I read the stories long ago and stopped at the Oak Island Museum on my honeymoon in 1981. That experience was unconvincing and the show is even more unconvincing. But I still watch it for entertainment and to observe how people can be manipulated by reality TV. As a scientist, I require more credible evidence to reach the discussion stage and to test a theory, let alone to reach conclusions. Its almost scary to read the posts of those people in some of the OI threads who have become convinced by a scripted TV reality entertainment show. I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the show only because I read the stories long ago and stopped at the Oak Island Museum on my honeymoon in 1981. That experience was unconvincing and the show is even more unconvincing. But I still watch it for entertainment and to observe how people can be manipulated by reality TV. As a scientist, I require more credible evidence to reach the discussion stage and to test a theory, let alone to reach conclusions. Its almost scary to read the posts of those people in some of the OI threads who have become convinced by a scripted TV reality entertainment show. I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.

Yeah, strong evidence.

Either that or grants from patrons who require certain results. Either one will do nicely.

ETA, evolution of species from one species to another isnt proven science. Its not even a philosophy, it's a religion. The forum owner probably won't allow discussion of religion.

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They always claim "Box drains", but I've thought that was silly from day one. Simply because it's not a huge island and when you drill or dig deep enough you will hit the water table anywhere, which is all natural. I personally don't think they fake any actual finds like a lot of the other lame "treasure shows" that have been on television (simply because they have not found anything too impressive.) I think if there is anything on the island, it would most likely be a treasure cache that is probably in the 5-10 foot range or something like that (pirate or buried from a previous resident? Who knows) and if I owned the place, I would be more interested in metal detecting every square inch, rather than going deep.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wondered why they haven't hired scuba divers to detect the water surrounding the island? Since there has been so much supposed activity on the island for hundreds of years, something of value should have been lost in the water. Instead they spend millions to create another cofferdam in Smith's Cove. How the heck did the government allow them to do that?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.

LOL. I knew you'd get a fast bite here on that one.

Evidence of evolution happens every year when a "new" flu shot has to be developed for a newly evolved virus. Mutation that breeds true is evolution and is proven science. A "scientific theory" means it has been shown to be true based on evidence and review and holds up to scrutiny. Not to be confused with an "Oak Island Theory" that is just wild supposition and hypothesis.

GREAT book, if you haven't read it, is "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.

Last edited:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never watched it, but the fact that bullshi**er, Gary Drayton is in it would put me right off my dinner. :angry4::angry4:

Mind you, he has found literally millions of pounds of Spanish gold along the Treasure Coast of Florida, as he claims on his site.:laughing7:

Cough! :BangHead:

Cough! :tongue3:

Matt

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, strong evidence.

Either that or grants from patrons who require certain results. Either one will do nicely.

ETA, evolution of species from one species to another isnt proven science. Its not even a philosophy, it's a religion. The forum owner probably won't allow discussion of religion.

Thought I might lure a science-denier out.

I guess the scientific papers I wrote since grad school and published in peer reviewed journals and the evolution textbooks that discussed my research in which I proved that evolution can occur sporadically and quickly, are all part of some "librul" conspiracy. BTW, My small research grants didn't pay me anything for living expenses. That's not how it works. Patrons? LOL. You mean the people who let me paint their houses so I could buy a little food?

Now be careful out there that you don't drive off the edge of the earth today.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread