Is ANYONE else getting TIREd of

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I agree.
The history channel is no longer the "history channel." Its the reality tv channel.
Could be "portlet wars" coming soon.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... if that's what their mind is set on doing.

But don't you get what Dave is trying to tell you ? Why would someone's mind be "set on digging", IN THE FIRST PLACE ?

I mean, what kind of cotton-picking sense does it make to place all sort of clues, markers, cryptograms, ciphers, etc... in order to "hide" something ?? :dontknow:

I have been on multiple "posse" hunts over my 40+ yrs. of this. Eg.: where someone, passed away, was-said to have buried the family heirlooms. And in each and every case , it's invariably ZERO surface clues. (or "markers" at depths, blah blah). It's always simply only "by the chimney" or "near such & such tree", etc.... Never anything with secret masonic symbols, cryptograms, codes, maps, etc.....

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The history channel is no longer the "history channel." Its the reality tv channel.

It's been that way for a while, and I suppose that it was inevitable. Television networks stay in business by making shows that sell. Once they realized that more people enjoy watching manufactured drama than shows about actual history, their drift to where they are today was a foregone conclusion.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A person should be self-persuaded when there is lack-of-evidence for it, in the first place. That lack-of-evidence for it, should be adequate to dissuade you. But it's not.

If your "evidence" is the story itself. Then you can NEVER be dissuaded by anyone. You will just retreat to pointing at the story itself, as evidence for itself. See the vicious circle ? Therefore : No one can ever dissuade you.

There is a classic analogy regarding "unfalsifiable claims" called "Russell's Teapot" (after Bertrand Russell) that dates back to the 1950's. You'll never chase the True Believers off the Cult of Oak Island.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the followers of it on here.

They make me laugh.

I'm afraid that I can not say either way, as I've only watched 1 episode (in the first season ) but there are 2 of 4 Radio personality's that seem to love the show , while the other 2 make fun of it , "The Girl calls the 2 brothers the " Lagina's " lol
from what I've heard over the last month or more , a couple of interesting items have been found at deep depths ??? , pulley parts ???. I think the older guy's really like the history ,As they went to a property just South of Atlanta back in the fall & Metal Detected a Civil War site & they seemed very happy to find a few Minnie's & Iron tho the younger 2 did not think it was that exciting (IMO that's "par for most under 30 Y/O )

I'm just not into the show (heck I don't even watch You-Tube Diggers. )

I do hope they uncover something I just pray it does not turn out like the ending of 'Raiders Of the Lost Ark'.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen one episode of the walking dead either. I've seen the original movie that was made back in the 50's! I have also enjoyed documentaries on the pit on Oak island, years ago.

I'm CHEAP! I won't pay to watch TV. They should pay us to watch the crap they produce nowdays. Especially if there are commercials!

Sorry for the hijack, back to the thread...

I'm like you , I did enjoy the doc's made 10 or so years ago ,& before that.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to HS with a guy named Bobby Dazzler. 😐

AT this rate ill never get to page 10 , I find it funny that the Radio Morning show peeps reminded me that "A Bobby Dazzler ' is an adult films Actor , or Male Dancer. lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no patience for the science-deniers. Luring them out into the open is a way to identify them and on a forum like this, they can be put on "ignore". I am a tough judge of character and have found that the science-deniers have nothing worthwhile to say. Their misrepresentations reduce their credibility to me on other topics after they display such an incapacity for Reason.

Ill give everybody the right to their opinion & choice of believes as you stated 'evolution can occur quickly' , ie germs , bugs , heck I suppose a person developing a 'tolerance to a substance is a type of evolution .

I say Peace to all.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this thread seems to have sidetracked onto evolution, I have to chime in because I have the answer. It all comes from ancient aliens, so now we can all rest easy that we know the truth.

AKA, Ancient Nephelem .

( for a lack of better spelling )

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come a couple of adults can't have a civil discussion in public without some marshmallow of an observer getting offended?

:dontknow:

Nobody here is mean spirited. Take a pill.

It's all good , just in the wrong section , my 'Charter' expired without me knowing it , I tried to PM & it was rejected . I may "Recharter" but I don't care to discuss all the political BS.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There is a classic analogy regarding "unfalsifiable claims" called "Russell's Teapot" (after Bertrand Russell) that dates back to the 1950's. You'll never chase the True Believers off the Cult of Oak Island.

AKA : "Assuming what you are trying to prove, ... as evidence of your proof for it"

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Finally Figured Oak Island Out.

First you need to Dig 100,000 Feet straight Down.
Then you will find the Tunnel the Knights Templars Built.

once they hit the Tunnel, they can walk it and at the other end, Start digging back up to a Farmers Field in England.

Once they arrive in that Farmers Field Drayton can get out his Magical Detector
that only Finds Templar Relics, and
Dig up a Cache Buried by Blackbeard the Day he Joined the Knights Templars

View attachment 1662211

You left out how the Templars evolved into the Masons, who evolved into the KGC....

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I mean, what kind of cotton-picking sense does it make to place all sort of clues, markers, cryptograms, ciphers, etc... in order to "hide" something
Easy tom,so whom ever is looking,or followi g behind you,wastes their time.Its like a chess game,look at it from every angle.Like I said,nobody knows,I wasn't there,you weren't there.So if you don't look at it from every angle you might miss something.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....,nobody knows,....

However true this may be, yet it doesn't stop us from looking at where the "preponderance of evidence" points. And if that preponderance of evidence points to: "Nothing is there", then .... oh well.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's like looking for your missing dog,if you only focus on what's ahead of you,you'll be missing a whole lot.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
More like looking for a dog you never had. Thinking if you find one it will justify your belief that you had one. A waste of time without knowing there was a dog to begin with.
Me thinks you don't have any idea what I'm talking about LOL.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Templars 🍷 Templars 🍷 Templars 🍷 😀

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
More like looking for a dog you never had. Thinking if you find one it will justify your belief that you had one. A waste of time without knowing there was a dog to begin with.

Great post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread