IS ANYONE MDing in AR (GO HOGS!)

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
I know it's been HOT and dry the last couple month's.....has anyone in AR found anything worth posting or is it that no one is posting on this site. I have worked my rear off the last couple weeks and found nothing worth posting. I will be glad to get back to my Spanish site as soon as it cools off a bit and the snakes and ticks are gone. It would be nice to hear from someone in AR (GO HOGS). treasuredawg

KnuggetHead

Greenie
Aug 26, 2006
Been finding a few of the usuals...pennies, clads, and bunches of junk!

Got some old "home places" located that I'm gonna hit this winter.

Jerry
Clarksville

1Arkie

Greenie
Oct 28, 2006
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
SE
It's been so hot that I would sweat my headphones off. But some cool fronts are coming in now with a little rain. Things are looking up fall is almost here. I have had time to look and get permission for some new hunting areas. Can't wait! 1Arkie

OP
OP
T

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Hey, guys, thanks for the replies. I really enjoy hearing from other TH'ers from AR. I'm sure everyone is ready for some cool and maybe wet weather. If anyone comes up with a great place to hunt and needs some help, please, let us all know and maybe we can put together a hunt group. I don't have anyone around me that I know of to hunt with and share stories and ideas. Let's keep our AR site going!!!

GO HOGS!!

treasuredawg

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
some old 1800s blacksmithing tools and other 1800s odds and ends.No coins >:(I am excavating an awsome cave dwelling though. Several hundred pieces and im just getting started. Pictures soon.

OP
OP
T

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Christ in You (I like that) (YES He is), sounds like you got a great site....let us know if you need some help. Hope you are Blessed with some good finds.

treasuredawg

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Arkie John checking in

I don't post a bunch but I have had a good summer.

I almost exclusively water hunt. Doing that, I have found some nice jewelry. The gold has been scarce, but I still have about 2 troy oz of various goodies, four diamond rings the best of which was appraised at $800.00 retail...but I'll take it. Some silver and much clad...and (of course) mega-much pull tabs. :)

With hunting season just around the corner, I'll be spending more time bow hunting and much less time metal detecting.

I live in Hot Springs and that means there is plenty to scour. Sometimes, when everything is 'right,' I have been known to go to the old parts of town and do a little detecting.

I've been doin' this a long time (since the very early 1970's. I retire in 15 months, should I live so long, and at that time, intend to devote much more time to hookah diving the great water areas our beautiful state. <><

Arkie John

wylie

Jul 11, 2008
arkansas
Detector(s) used
discovery 2200
I found a silver ring on Mt Sequoyah this summer, bunch of clad, other than that nothing but junk.

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here in the NW corner the ticks have been fearsome this year. Also with it being so hot&dry a couple of places I've hunted have baked to asphalt-like hardness, which just makes recovering a dang pull tab too much like work.
The retirees from Bella Vista have cleaned the tot-lots out (not even finding trash....)
It rained here yesterday and the temps have cooled off some so I'll be hitting a couple of older house sites this weekend.

fireman7115

Jan 14, 2008
arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
It has been so dang hot the last 2 weeks I havent done much of anything. may try to get out for awhile to day though

dooley01

Aug 12, 2008
Johnson co. Arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id whites mxt
the best i have found this summer is a couple of merks. 1926s 1928 1898 ih 1964 washington.
A 36 caliber pistol bullet. and some clad.
I hunt Johnson and Pope co.

Jan 26, 2007
waldron, arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I have done a little detecting and managed to find some clad. I am fairly new at this and still looking for my first silver. Between the heat and ticks it has been pretty tough going, the ground is rock hard. Looking forward to fall and some cooler weather, I have a couple of old home places I am wanting to check out.
Sounds like a pretty neat spot there Christ in You , look forward to seeing some pics.
ttyl, BB

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I hear tell the ATM trucked in 10 semi's of ticks to discourage the shiners. lastleg

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Well I just got out of a month's stay in the hospital

last month. I couldn't bend over 3 times without

falling out. But I have managed to get back in the

swing a little.

8-15-2.jpg

8-12-3.jpg

8-7-1.jpg

8-7-3b.jpg

8-1-1.jpg

7-31-2.jpg

7-30-2.jpg

7-30-3.jpg

Here's what I was doing before I got sick.

5-17-1.jpg

5-31-b.jpg

5-12-b.jpg

5-8-3.jpg

5-8-6.jpg

5-8-5.jpg

5-8-8.jpg

dia3.jpg

gldrng1.jpg

6-3-2.jpg

6-3-4.jpg

artillar2.jpg

5-30-3.jpg

5-30-5.jpg

5-31-4.jpg

5-30-2.jpg

5-28-3.jpg

5-25-2.jpg

bettr1.jpg

atoda1.jpg

bigta2.jpg

1-13-07b.jpg

hot3.jpg

Test1.jpg

3-25-3.jpg

5-11-1.jpg

Relic2.jpg

namplat.jpg

5-16-1.jpg

5-15-5.jpg

4-23-5-1.jpg

3-28-L4.jpg

3-27-1.jpg

3-27-2.jpg

3-26-1.jpg

3-24-1.jpg

miniballs.jpg

That's a lot of what I've done in the last year.

Here's a demo video of my $70 Compadre I call

Speedy.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/dcb1265/?action=view&current=MOV05367.flv

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread