Lake Greeson

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Has anyone detected this area? It's owned by the Army Corps of Engineers. I emailed them and they said we can get our permits from any ranger on the grounds or go to the field office at Narrows Dam. He said that the permits are free and that you may keep all your finds, with the exception of Native American Artifacts.

Just curious is anyone has detected on any of the Army Corps of Engineers land...it's about 8 miles north of the Crator of Diamonds.

We will be there at Lake Greeson on April 27th...we are leaving Va Beach on August 26th and will be headed back home on Sept 1st. Maybe we can meet up with some of ya'll Arkansas Detectors and compare notes :)

PM me if your interested in a detecting with hubby and I and our boys. We do plan to dig diamonds as well at the Crator...as that is our main function of being there....

Happy Hunting Ya'll,
Annmarie

1Arkie

Greenie
Oct 28, 2006
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
SE
Hello Ron & Ann The Corps and State Parks only allow you to hunt the swimming beaches only.. And that's between Labor Day and Memorial Day after the Summer rush. You will need the permit just in case. Most of the farmers around will give you permission to detect old home site's if ask. A new law was past this year and you will need writing permission to detect anywhere. House Bill 1068. Ya have a safe trip. 1Arkie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread