Is it a coin??

picky40

Sep 7, 2012
Mifflinburg,pa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this on a very old property but I don't have any idea what it is lol. It looks like a head on the one side. Any help would be great ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464903218.779670.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464903246.577504.jpg

Upvote 4

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell what I found works great without damaging it is to take a glass fill it with about a 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide microwave it for 30 seconds put coin in and watch the dirt fizzle away mkes it easier to see what it is safely!!!!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell what I found works great without damaging it is to take a glass fill it with about a 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide microwave it for 30 seconds put coin in and watch the dirt fizzle away mkes it easier to see what it is safely!!!!!
You won't get any more detail out of this coin with peroxide. Looks like there's not a lot of crust on it. Peroxide will work with crusty coppers but be careful because if a coin is too far gone with corrosion peroxide will smoke it completely. Not always the best option but a decent one if a coin isn't too corroded. With that being said your coin almost looks like a King George II farthing that someone tapped the rim of for some reason. Not 100% sure of that ID though. Just a guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread