Is it worth hunting

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
While I wa sitting around trying to decode if I was going to go take a chance and hunt a local park it occurred to me that wher my mother lives might be worth a shot.
she lives in a 1940ish duplex in Arlington Va, it has a very small front and back yard the type you would mow with a weedeater or electric pushmower if you get my drift. What do you think? It takes me about two hours to get there.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
You bet, chances are good no one else has hunted there, and who knows, maybe the neighbors will allow you to hunt their yards also. Good luck.

OP
OP
JC dig's

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
Your right, I bet nobody has ever even had a detector near this place (well maybe miss utility). I'm sure her neighbors would'nt care or even have a clue to what I was doing its very culturely diverse there.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
If there is a space between the sidewalk and the street, that is city property and you can walk down the street hunting this area, this is usually Loaded with stuff.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have found some good stuff in really small spaces before. The area between the sidewalk and the street holds lots of coins and items. I have yet to find any old coins in places like this but I think it is because I have never hit the old parts of town here. Besides take your mom to lunch and make it a nice trip. Take the chance the only thing you have to loose is a little time and a little gas money, the rewards could be well worth it.

OP
OP
JC dig's

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
Thats a great idea my mom always enjoys a visit. Thank's I did'nt think of that area between the road and the sidewalk. I can't wait to get started it's so hard in Va to find good places to MD. I live 5 miles from where the battle of Brandy station took place, and when ever I ask permission to MD I get poo-poo'd or they say "yea maybe sometime" and it never materializes.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have come to the conclusion that one should NEVER assume that a place wouldn't be worth detecting. The only way to find out for sure is to detect it. Sometimes great targets show up in the MOST UNLIKELY PLACES. I have made good finds just because I didn't turn off my detector on the way back to my vehicle and happened to get a signal along the route. Often, you won't find much, but you never really know without trying.
HH
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread