Is map dowsing a hoax?

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
To NJ Hunter,
For dowsing try the L Rods, they work easier for most people. I don't even use forked sticks, they don't react well for me.
The bent coat hangers (L rods) may work for you.
Rich

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
NJ Hunter,
Try it out, it might answer lots of questions for you!
Rich

diggingdeep

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they can pic up any metal .say you have cans buried in a pile ,they will pick them up ,also

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Because dowsing is designed to help us as humans to see things and learned things that otherwise we would go through life day to day and never know about. God designed it that way and if at any time it was or is a test of our dowsing capabilities it will not work. I did this study just to see what would happen one day. I told a dowser friend that I hid a silver bar and wanted him to find it for me. He looked at the map and then told me that I was testing his skill as a dowser and by doing so, that more that likely the target would not be where he dowsed it was. He did not dowse where it was hid and instead dowsed where it was put while I was doing some testing several months before. It will not work if you're skills are being tested whether by a person near you or by someone on the moon. I think its kind of a double edged sword. If you believe you will be rewarded and see the rewards from it. If you do not believe then we will not be able to show you the benefits of dowsing.

GOD designed dowsing?? So it is a religion, a faith-based activity? Becasue that's pretty much exactly how you just described it....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
To NJ Hunter and Cloned SIM,
Have either of you or any other skeptics here ever tried dowsing? I would think if you have any thoughts that it is possible to dowse,
you would want to do it too. Otherwise you are trying to disprove it or just rabble rousing. (No harm intended).
To try dowsing, get a couple of bent coat hangers (bent in a letter "L" shape). Hold them loosely in your fists with the ends pointing
forward and walk slowly forward. Have a garden hose laid out with water flowing through it and see if you get a reaction as you walk
over the hose. About 85% of the people I have worked with get a reaction on the rods. You may have to practice a few times until
you get the balance right. Give it a try and see. Anyone that won't at least try that, has no curiosity, they are just stuck on negative.
Let us know what your results are. Also notice I am being very neutral here.
Rich

I actually have tried it, and I do appreciate your neutrality. That makes it much easier to have a discussion with you. Art is the same way, he's willing to talk about dowsing and other things with a nice level head.

I attepted to dowse once with my step-father. He said that he had been able to find water lines in the past using dowsing. He demonstrated this in his backyard where he did manage to find the water lines he had installed. I told him about this site and people claiming to have found gold and silver using dowsing. He was skeptical, so we threw down some change and jewelry, and he got no reaction to any of it. I tried as well, but couldn't get any kind of movement over the water lines nor the items we had planted.

The second time was one weekend when we were running a half-mile long water line to my house. We had to cross a neighbor's property and he was with us when we were cutting across the back corner of his field. He told us to stop at his property line, and he ran to his house and came back with a pair of dowsing rods. He crossed back and forth across the land for nearly 30 mintues, and he finally marked the line where his own water was running. It's important to note that he had also installed his own water lines, but this took place nearly 20 years before. When we started trenching again, we raised the blades up about 2 feet when we crossed the location he had marked, then dropped back down to 5 feet again after we had passed the spot. About 5 minutes later, I felt a crunch from the ditcher, and a gyser came shooting out of the ground where I had clipped the man's water line, about 30 feet from where he had said it would be.

I want to note that I'm totally with NJ Hunter on this one, I'm not trying to disprove anything, I'm just looking for an explanation as to why or why not and how dowsing is supposed to work.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
NJ; It was easy. I told them I would put any trash in the dumpster. I showed them a handful of tabs, hooks, and other crap that we found, and they let me come anytime.

One question, fenix. Did you find the tabs, hooks and other trash items while dowsing?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
clonedsim, go ahead old buddy and run those red lights. that will cure one skeptikal. will also relieve stupid doubts on this thread also,. goot nite, and hopefully goot bye.
ps, if you don't wanna run red lites, go team up with shallow water, see how deep his mudhole is.

Why on Earth would someone be skeptical about red lights? It's a nice process they have going, Green to Yellow to Red, the same pattern every time. I have no doubt at all that I would chance getting hit if i ran a red light, you seem to understand that well enough.

I don't know why you'd bring Shallow Water into the conversation, but if I were you, I wouldn't go on about his "mudhole" on a public forum, people might start to whisper behind your back.

So, "goot nite" and "goot bye" to you as well.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~10claw~
ps, if you don't wanna run red lites, go team up with shallow water, see how deep his mudhole is.
good one Ellis..I guess after he muddied the water for the skeptics for 10 years they decided to give him another assignment...Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Well Cloned SIM,
As to why your neighbor missed his line, sounds to me like maybe he is not a very experienced dowser. He could have hit an
underground stream or maybe one of the edges of the Bishop's rule or his mind was on something else as opposed to water.
Just like metal detectors find other than what you are hoping for, it takes practice with dowsing to get close to 100%. If you
had a 5% chance of finding a silver dime, you may not work too hard at dowsing,, but if you had a 5% chance of hitting a large
gold treasure, how much practice would you do? How long would you practice with a metal detector to come home with 56
cents? It is amazing to me of the expectations people expect of dowsing on day one of practice. If it is not for you, that is OK.
If it is an interest it will take a little practice and maybe a little help from an experienced dowser. Hang in there.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Practice---practice—and more practice...The skills you need can not be learned in 5 minutes...Art

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have known folks that said they were successful at dowsing for water. As for MAP dowsing, I think Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and bigfoot, and all Martians are all good at it!!

S

stefen

I have known folks that said they were successful at dowsing for water. As for MAP dowsing, I think Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and bigfoot, and all Martians are all good at it!!

What, no Tooth Fairy.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~dejapooh~
Why should map dowsing be any different?
Very good question...Finding water by Dowsing has been proven to be a good method for locating water for 1000’s of years...We have 100’s of reports on this board by people who have saw it done..So if you use the same methods to Dowse a map the outcome should be the same.
Heck...There are Dowsers who make their living Sexing Chicken Eggs
http://www.e-chickens.com/dowsing.htm....Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
One issue with Map Dowsing is that many times we are given inaccurate information to work with. Wrong info give wrong results.
A lady I met at a dowsing group asked to see if I could dowse where she lived to prove dowsing. She had been talking about her
house earlier, so I dowsed for her house. I got two spots on the map. Turns out she had moved and one spot was the house
she had just sold and the other was the apartment she was renting. Both spots were accurate to the street and block. My dowsing
question wasn't 100% accurate so I got different answers as she no longer lived at the house. She was impressed with the results,
but she didn't continue with the dowsing, she had other interests to pursue. Later she asked for help dowsing her lost cat and
another dowser went over and located it for her.
Yes, map dowsing works!
Rich

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
~10claw~

good one Ellis..I guess after he muddied the water for the skeptics for 10 years they decided to give him another assignment...Art

Art, you do realize that 10claw wasn't talking about an actual mudhole, right? He's making a rather crude reference that I'm truly surprised the mods haven't picked up on yet.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
One issue with Map Dowsing is that many times we are given inaccurate information to work with. Wrong info give wrong results.
A lady I met at a dowsing group asked to see if I could dowse where she lived to prove dowsing. She had been talking about her
house earlier, so I dowsed for her house. I got two spots on the map. Turns out she had moved and one spot was the house
she had just sold and the other was the apartment she was renting. Both spots were accurate to the street and block. My dowsing
question wasn't 100% accurate so I got different answers as she no longer lived at the house. She was impressed with the results,
but she didn't continue with the dowsing, she had other interests to pursue. Later she asked for help dowsing her lost cat and
another dowser went over and located it for her.
Yes, map dowsing works!
Rich

Treasure Finder, I'm curious. You said that you were dowsing where the woman lived, but both locations you have her were incorrect. One was a place she did not live, only owned, and the other was a house that she no longer lives at, but you didn't ID the actual home she lived at. According to some of Art's older posts, dowsing will tell you the exact locations of items you're searching for, and Art said that he never digs trash in the locations where he digs. How were you off? Also, how much land was encompassed in the two spots you marked on the map?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread