Is Michigan halves dead

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skunk streak is one thing, but how many boxes do you order at a time? Statistics play a huge part as well.

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Michigan. Halves are dead. Totally. Nothing to see her. Move Along....Move Along....

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigander myself, I'm getting better results now (1 40% per box) than I was two years ago.
Southern Mich has had some high-volume monster hunters for a couple years. ffd

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
It can vary depending on your location and state. I've found halves in general to be fairly dead in my area due to a lot of hunters. Though I'm hoping for better results with the boxes I have coming in tomorrow. Last box of halves I tried about a month ago had over 100 marked coins. Including this little gem below.

Attachments

• halfm.jpeg
    halfm.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 632
  • halfm.jpeg
    halfm.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 649

urban miner

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...

First time poster but I've read the forum for awhile. I live in Michigan and I've been waiting a couple weeks for my first boxes to arrive. I live in SE MI so I hope there's a few coins left. I'll post my results whenever these boxes come in

spider3455

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2011
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I average maybe 1 40% per box, if i'm lucky. I do 2 boxes per week. Although just today I found a 1965 Canadian half, so there is still something out there

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bought another roll of 90% halves below spot from my dealer, so I feel i'm ahead of the game costwise, @ $4 gas. I still love to roll hunt.

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah I live in SE ohio and halves have not been producing my total for february was 16 40 pc and 1 90 pc which was a barber. I do 4 boxes a week.

Last edited:

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Kamyu said:
It can vary depending on your location and state. I've found halves in general to be fairly dead in my area due to a lot of hunters. Though I'm hoping for better results with the boxes I have coming in tomorrow. Last box of halves I tried about a month ago had over 100 marked coins. Including this little gem below.
What a friendly and inspiring message on that marked coin LOL :laughing7:

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
where are we in SE Mich, I don't want to be rummaging through dumps. I'm in washtenaw and lenawee counties

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im pushing 6 to 8 boxes of halves a week. When I started I was doing good. A few in every other box for the first few boxes. Now Im at box 17/18 skunk.

Dimes worked for a short time too, now they too are dry.

I asked one bank for halves when I was in a town 40 miles from home. The teller asked if there was a half shortage because everyone is asking for them.

Sigh....keep on pushing on!

Novapax

Coldwater, Mi Area

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i picked up $800 of customer wrapped "dumps" from Century there last week....dissapointing.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump 22 boxes a week in the south-east Michigan area. But my pick-up banks have been hot. Give it a shot.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
I am in the Grand Rapids area, and they are pretty dead. I cut back from 2 boxes a week down to 1 because I have only been averaging 1 40%er in every 3rd box or so.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
JT10 said:
I am in the Grand Rapids area, and they are pretty dead. I cut back from 2 boxes a week down to 1 because I have only been averaging 1 40%er in every 3rd box or so.

Doesnt that mean than you should have upped your boxes to 3 a week?

If you are getting 1 40% every 3 boxes. It will take you 3 trips to get one 40% half.

If you up to 3 boxes, it will take you 1 trip per half.

Seems like a better use of time and gas to up your boxes to me.

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i was about to give up on one of my local skunk farms. Going on about the 6th week of 2 boxes a week and no silver. Today, box 1 = skunk. Box 2, (1) Franklin, and (2) 40's.

I'll keep them on the line. Don't give up!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Hello from SE MI.

I've been running the place dry for the last 7 years. and now with that guy from OHIO dumping 22 boxes a week on us we will never find anything. I say we catch up with him and throw a blanket party for him in the parking lot of his favorite dump bank :headbang: as thanks for fouling up our territory. dang buckeyes :laughing7:

What say you Detroit! :wink:

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions